[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 4 Rangers (Morelos 20, 38; Tavernier 43pen; Defoe 90+5)

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I remember as a young player I was taught how to trap a player, trap his arm under your armpit, fall and drag the player with you, looks a foul all day long.

It was a pen, but Ferguson used that tactic, you can clearly see him holding Tavs arm & jersey, clever but a penalty

So it was a penalty, glad we got there in the end :D

I actually thought Jack had a great match, quietly effective in the first 80 minutes then making lung bursting runs to break up play, peg Aberdeen back and indeed for the 4th goal in the last 10 plus injury time. 

Anyway, see when Lewis Ferguson (young, white and Scottish) put his boot, deliberately, into Allan McGregor this was, rightly, described as retribution. Fair enough. So where are the headlines today describing the young man as an animal, a hot head or indeed a devil? I mean Morelos (young, black and Columbian) was sent off at Pittodrie on the first match of the season it was for attempted retribution, wasn't it? I'm not sure what it is about the two players that could be clouding the media's view on this. Two very similar incidents, although Morelos of course didn't actually make any contact with his kick while Ferguson could have ended McGregor's season. 

1 minute ago, JohnMc said:

I actually thought Jack had a great match, quietly effective in the first 80 minutes then making lung bursting runs to break up play, peg Aberdeen back and indeed for the 4th goal in the last 10 plus injury time. 

Anyway, see when Lewis Ferguson (young, white and Scottish) put his boot, deliberately, into Allan McGregor this was, rightly, described as retribution. Fair enough. So where are the headlines today describing the young man as an animal, a hot head or indeed a devil? I mean Morelos (young, black and Columbian) was sent off at Pittodrie on the first match of the season it was for attempted retribution, wasn't it? I'm not sure what it is about the two players that could be clouding the media's view on this. Two very similar incidents, although Morelos of course didn't actually make any contact with his kick while Ferguson could have ended McGregor's season. 

If colour is an issue, it's the blue that is relevant rather than black/white.

22 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Its racism. Perhaps unintentional bias but racism none the less. 

He doesn't behave and act like a white European so therefore he is wrong and needs to change.

Cosgrove had committed four fouls and been spoken too twice no comment from commentators. Morelos commits two fouls and the ref speaks to him for not watching the ball but the player and it's " he will need to watch himself" " he needs to control himself" "lacks discipline" " if he gets a yellow he will be off" 

Completely different set of rules and expectations for Morelos. Again comments about his face and how they don't like it last night. Disgusting.

Nobody said anything about Ferguson's face or need to correct his attitude after his clearly deliberate stamp, not a word about him changing his ways etc