[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 4 Rangers (Morelos 20, 38; Tavernier 43pen; Defoe 90+5)

One thing we have to do after what is a big win, is to back it up and not fall over at the next hurdle, as is our habit.

Kilmarnock on plastic without Morelos is a real challenge that we need to deal with.

Arfield might also be a doubt.

Defoe and Davis ?

Edited by buster.

1 minute ago, Bluedell said:

Tav still had his arms wrapped around the player, and I'd be expecting a penalty 100% of the time if it had been our player who went down..

Of course, it happens every week in every match in every country, Ferguson was nowhere near the ball, just highlighting an incident where only one player is scrutinised

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

What's the timing for a Morelos appeal? Will they have time to sit and judge prior to the weekend game?

You can bet any appeal will be fast-tracked in time for Saturday evening.

A really important win last night.

Second half when down to ten men was overly conservative shall we say but before that we were the only team trying to play football and the scoreline (eventually) reflected that. A well deserved win against a home side that carried minimal threat despite us sitting far too deep for the bulk of the 2nd half.

The Morelos stuff is going to be exaggerated as always unfortunately. The problem he has is that he got away with doing similar against Celtic so that was always going to count against him if he did it again. Not much in it really but made it easy for the referee to even it up and I doubt any appeal will be successful because of the extreme anti-RFC narrative in Scotland right now.

The McGregor challenge was equally daft and unnecessary in my view but Lewis Ferguson' studs up challenge a few mins later was worse and only worth a booking so I'll doubt the CO will get involved. As always the pressure on her will be massive though from blinkered pundits.

All in all, a very good win but we're still lacking that certain something in the team. After the Old Firm victory, I had hoped we'd really stamp our authority on games but we're not really playing well enough for long enough periods. Plenty room for improvement this weekend and beyond.

44 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Tell you another thing, they conned the ref for their penalty, you can see Ferguson has his arm over Tavs' shoulder and holding his top when Ferguson falls he just drags Tav with him

It was six of one and half dozen etc....ref gave penalty to even things up. IMO