[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 4 Rangers (Morelos 20, 38; Tavernier 43pen; Defoe 90+5)

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Hopefully this red card will be rescinded - but I doubt it. In any case we still have to be able to win games without Morelos and that will have to mean a different set up with two up front because Defoe isn't going to pressuring defences on his own the way Morelos does.

Some fans questioning why we have signed so many players may just realise now why! our players are judged to different standards and so will be targeted more than any other team, we will need the whole squad if we are to seriously challenge ST Pats FC

26 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

If we had boxed "clever", he should have been brought from the field holding his face ... and Madden might have seen it differently. Thus, he came up, no real visible injury and looking "fine".

Madden would have sent him off even if his face had been streaming with blood.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Tell you another thing, they conned the ref for their penalty, you can see Ferguson has his arm over Tavs' shoulder and holding his top when Ferguson falls he just drags Tav with him

I disagree, I thought it was a penalty.  Tav clearly has his arm round the waist of Ferguson from before the corner is even taken.

1 minute ago, craig said:

I disagree, I thought it was a penalty.  Tav clearly has his arm round the waist of Ferguson from before the corner is even taken.

I remember as a young player I was taught how to trap a player, trap his arm under your armpit, fall and drag the player with you, looks a foul all day long.

It was a pen, but Ferguson used that tactic, you can clearly see him holding Tavs arm & jersey, clever but a penalty

2 hours ago, buster. said:

Agreed, I think it'd be easier for Kilmarnock to isolate him.

Morelos is vital to the way we play and his suspensions have a habit of hurting us.

If Arfield doesn't make it then a thus far significantly less than 100% Davis might be asked to do something that his game isn't yet up to. I'd be tempted to put Halliday into the midfield and push Jack slightly further forward.

The lead-up to the second goal between Jack and Kent was sublime but isn't talked about because of how good Alfredo's finish was.

I refer you to post #66 of this very thread :ninja::D

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

There is no doubt that Alfredo needs to cut out his antics and retributive stuff, but the amount of ridiculous yellows and reds he alone has received is extraordinary. If we had boxed "clever", he should have been brought from the field holding his face ... and Madden might have seen it differently. Thus, he came up, no real visible injury and looking "fine". That said, I'm a friend of sportsmanship and wouldn't like our people fake any sort of injury. That said (Mk. II) ... we have been on the end of some horrendous tackles and fouls which at times did not even received a yellow card retribution for the offender.

dB, he rolled around and stayed on the ground for minutes - leaving the field holding his face would have changed nothing.