[FT] Aberdeen 2 - 4 Rangers (Morelos 20, 38; Tavernier 43pen; Defoe 90+5)

23 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

Morelos commits two fouls and the ref speaks to him for not watching the ball but the player

Even though he was watching the man before the ball came I didn't actually think he was fouling the defender. One of them he gave him a wee shoulder barge, isn't  it in the rules of the game that shoulder to shoulder is legal?

50 minutes ago, trublusince1982 said:

He doesn't behave and act like a white European so therefore he is wrong and needs to change.

Cosgrove had committed four fouls and been spoken too twice no comment from commentators. Morelos commits two fouls and the ref speaks to him for not watching the ball but the player and it's " he will need to watch himself" " he needs to control himself" "lacks discipline" " if he gets a yellow he will be off" 

Completely different set of rules and expectations for Morelos. Again comments about his face and how they don't like it last night. Disgusting.

Nobody said anything about Ferguson's face or need to correct his attitude after his clearly deliberate stamp, not a word about him changing his ways etc

A white European, let's say a Dane, doing the same things in a Rangers shirt would get the same treatment. 

I'd draw a parallel with Diego Costa who in some respects was a similar case at Chelsea.

It's more about a footballing culture, a style of going about your business and how it stands out when put into a different environment, more especially when at a big club that is forever in the spotlight.

Both Costa and Morelos are forward focal points that are prepared to engage in what is a battle with the opposition. One that they are both very good at because they know how to battle and often take the initiative so as to dominate an opponent. They are both prone to leaving one on their opponent and they sometimes get caught. 

They are the players the opposition fans love to hate and they come under greater scrutiney than their teammates for various reasons.

In Scotish football, this co-incides with a general climate that is posionous towards Rangers interests.....and again Morelos has the focal point. It's not all one-way, Morelos seems to enjoy rubbing their noses in it which would be fine but sometimes he kicks the baws out of it #Jekyll&Hyde

Morelos is a player that Diego Simeone at Atletico Madrid will appreciate, perhaps one day they'll work together. 

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I love Candeias's reaction when Defoe scores. He's as delighted as any of us. He's really bought into the club!

Candeais is an outstanding servant for us.  Caixinha was dross as a manager but he did leave us a couple of decent players from his time.

Candeias is one of my favorites - love his work ethic.  Gerrard and he also had a big embrace at the end of the game.  He has thoroughly bought into us - I also suspect that he has played a large part in Morelos maturing this season (seems a little ironic to say it today - but over the past few months he has matured IMO).