Breaking: Rangers Youth win ALKASS International Cup

A team of young Scots travel to the middle east and compete in an international tournament. They are up against clubs with considerable cache ie Real Madrid, Roma, and Bayern Munich. You would expect the national broadcaster would be willing to celebrate the considerable achievement of such a team of young Scots winning the tournament?

I hope the Colts get to parade the trophy at half time against Killie this coming Wednesday?

7 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Thoroughly enjoyed watching them this week, very worthy winners too.

It was a strange pleasure in that we were playing an International competition, mostly dominating the ball, taking the game to the opponent and scoring lots of goals. I say strange because generally over decades I've become used to watch Rangers often struggling to take the initiative in European competition and having to battle our way to the odd decent campaign.

The Academy part of the football operation at Rangers seems to be working well and in time may well prove to be the most important foundation stone laid by the board post March 2015.

Difficult as it is, we need to produce players good enough and mentally strong enough to tread an early path into the first team squad because it's of little benefit to see them come to the fore at other clubs a little further down the line.