BBC poll asking if Morelos is unplayable or unpalatable

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Yes I can agree with that. Rangers and Kilmarnock fans used to be quite close but now they seem to have joined in on the ant-Rangers theme.

When we got voted out of the top league & into the bottom tier of Scottish football was clear proof we have no friends in Scottish football, fuck them all

Here's an idea for the Editor of BBC Scotland's soon to be launched second channel, James Cook.

Now, James successfully passed the PQ Rite of Passage, he and his then Producer apologised for re-Editing an interview with the then manager of Rangers, Ally McCoist. They deliberately set out to make McCoist appear callously disinterested in sectarianism.

The show is entitled, 'Strictly Gang Hut'.

It would be a wholly legitimate BBC Scotland celebration of Hatred.

Go ahead James, you know you want to.

24 minutes ago, pete said:

I doubt there is a racist thing as Joey Barton got the same. It is purely B and they are scared their 10 in a row is about to collapse.

Totally disagree. The language used when describing Morelos is xenophobic at best, particularly when looking at a young 22 year old who doesn't speak any English.

Barton never got treated anywhere as bad as Morelos, and Barton is a guy who was sentenced to six months' imprisonment for assault, who had stubbed a cigar on a team mate's eye and had a 4 month suspended sentence for assault. It's night and day.

4 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Totally disagree. The language used when describing Morelos is xenophobic at best, particularly when looking at a young 22 year old who doesn't speak any English.

Barton never got treated anywhere as bad as Morelos, and Barton is a guy who was sentenced to six months' imprisonment for assault, who had stubbed a cigar on a team mate's eye and had a 4 month suspended sentence for assault. It's night and day.

Much as I only have contempt for the race card, its use in this instance might prove most effective since it's the one thing the BBC would find it impossible to ignore. They'd deny any question of racism of course but in the process would draw much needed attention to their real motives.

One thing you notice about Morelos is how they constantly refer to his "4 red cards" as evidence that he's a psycho.

The 1st red was rightly rescinded,  2nd and 3rd were double yellows (only 1 of the yellows was "naughty" from memory, and the 4th will hopefully be rescinded too because what he did doesn't come close to the "brutality" criteria whichever way you look at it.

I think he is very impulsive and has a discipline problem but that has been blown well out of proportion by the media after this "4th red of the season". For the most part I think it's about creating drama and selling papers.

Edited by DMAA

9 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

The show is entitled, 'Strictly Gang Hut'.

'Strictly Do You Wanna Be In My Gang Hut' might be more appropriate, given the shared histories of the BBC and Separate Entity FC. 

Here's hoping that this new channel has the same longevity as STV Glasgow. More cringeworthy parochialism wrapped up in a 'Scottish Six'. I wonder what horse-trading went on between Vlad the sex pest, Ken and Tony for that to be signed off? On second thoughts, I'd rather not.