Allan McGregor's two game ban stands

3 minutes ago, compo said:

To little to late 

I don't see what the club own it's own can do? all the other clubs need to agree & support Rangers views and challenge the system as one, right now nobody really cares as long as it is Rangers players that are suffering! which tells me that all other clubs are quite happy as it stands!.

25 minutes ago, pete said:

Totally agree with you that is the big thing that is missing.

Surely the facts speak for themselves then re the citation table etc. This is so blatant it’s physically nauseating. People remember the Gordon Kung fu kick etc that was deemed legitimate by the CO Pete, so the consistency question is bang on. That being taken into account McGregor would have no case to answer. Additionally, the blatant bias is breathtakingly arrogant on the part of the CO. As GS exclaimed, Wow?

3 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I don't see what the club own it's own can do? all the other clubs need to agree & support Rangers views and challenge the system as one, right now nobody really cares as long as it is Rangers players that are suffering! which tells me that all other clubs are quite happy as it stands!.

You may have answered your own question who is going to stand with us as long as its Rangers who are suffering not one will stand with us ,not one .

43 minutes ago, pete said:

Sorry I find that the correct decision. Morelos was a wrong decision but this was correct. McGregor knew what he was doing. I don't like that we will be missing McGregor for 2 games but keepers can't be free to make tackles like that.

What I do find a talking point is why did Morelos get an extra game for appealing and McGregor doesn't.

Morelos got an extra game as it was his 2nd red card, nothing to do with the appeal.

I'm astounded you find McGregor's a red yet you find Power's a yellow.  Absolutely baffling.

37 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Surely the facts speak for themselves then re the citation table etc. This is so blatant it’s physically nauseating. People remember the Gordon Kung fu kick etc that was deemed legitimate by the CO Pete, so the consistency question is bang on. That being taken into account McGregor would have no case to answer. Additionally, the blatant bias is breathtakingly arrogant on the part of the CO. As GS exclaimed, Wow?

Yes I agree but as I say that is a different argument. Gordon was red all day long.I am not saying that Rangers aren't being treated differently. Take the Scott Brown flick. Morelos had less of a movement towards McKenna but was found guilty so the system stinks. For me that does not mean that McGregor should not be punished for what he did the problem is with the Gordon decision.

As I said before I cannot say with 100% certainty that Brown did try to kick the guy in the face. I might as a Rangers supporter think it but that is not proven. By the same money I also cannot say that Morelos tried to kick McKenna so that should have been not proven as well.

Club 1872 seeks answers from SFA over disciplinary process

13 February, 2019

Club 1872 has today written to the SFA seeking explanation for the incomprehensible decision making of their compliance officer, Clare Whyte and the judicial panels convened by them to oversee disciplinary matters in Scottish football.

Supporters of all clubs have been left confused and concerned by the process of citing players for events that it is claimed have been missed by referees, despite clear video evidence to the contrary. There are also major anomalies within the appeals process for red card offences and a complete lack of transparency and consistency in decisions reached.

The following questions have been directed to the SFA and we hope that they will properly address this situation before the continued actions of their compliance officer and judicial panels make a mockery of this season’s competitions.

1. How are judicial panels selected prior to appeals being heard? We understand there is a pool of around forty people to choose from but who decides which three of these forty sit on any given panel? Why is this process not transparent and why is there no explanation from the SFA on the role of the compliance officer in these selections? If the selection is not random and transparent, at least to the clubs involved in any given hearing, then why is that the case?
  2. With recent decisions, the compliance officer appears to be ignoring the FIFA directive which states that citing cannot be used to correct bad refereeing. We now see instances where referees have awarded yellow cards but then appear to be encouraged to claim they have not seen incidents to allow retrospective action. When do referees submit their reports to the SFA following matches and precisely what steps are being taken to ensure that referees are not subject to any outside influence prior to submitting these reports?
  3. The process of citing players after games, and the appeals process for action taken by referees on the park appears to be heavily influenced by certain media platforms and the prominence they give, or do not give, to certain incidents. Incidents have included blatant acts of diving and violent conduct which, when not highlighted by the media, have also been ignored by the compliance officer. Is trial by media an accepted part of the SFA disciplinary process and if so, what safeguards are in place to stop clubs, on whom undue focus is placed, from being unfairly penalised?

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

I don’t understand why Club 1872, and indeed RFC, aren’t highlighting that the CO works for Harper Macleod, who are celtics solicitors. It seems to me the CO is the problem here, not who is on the review panel. Do Harper Macleod do some work for us as well??