Allan McGregor's two game ban stands

51 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Who would he replace McCrorie,Arfield,Jack,Dorrans,etc. I think not.

I think Ferguson is a better than decent player, from what little I have seen of him.

That said, I would hope we are trying to attract a better standard than that.

8 hours ago, craig said:

To me, she has no conflict of interest.  Simply working for the lawyers of one club is not a conflict of interest - she would have to be working on the Celtic account for that to be the case.  We have a better chance of proving conflict of interest if we scour her background for Celtic affiliations..

If she’s a profit sharing member in Harper McLeod LLPG there is a conflict whether or not she acts direct for the Separate Entity Club Like No Other. You might say the same if her salary has a general profit related bonus.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

I wonder what support Aberdeen fans will give to Lewis Ferguson when he signs for Rangers?

You would have to really want to sign him.

Once he is in there will be a raging torrent of information travelling from the Ibrox dressing room to the Daily Record and the B.B.C.

25 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

You would have to really want to sign him.

Once he is in there will be a raging torrent of information travelling from the Ibrox dressing room to the Daily Record and the B.B.C.

True

18 hours ago, craig said:

None of the above proves conflict of interest.

I'm not disagreeing with what you say - but none of it shows conflict of interest.

Coming from a Celtic background and - most likely - handpicked by certain people shows no conflict of interest? Probably depends on the definition of that phrase, but in her role I would like to see someone with no interest in any club or if so, none that plays a prime role. As it stands, the way the decisions have turned against us and for them - IMHO - belies any sort of "conflict of interest" and impartiality that should come with the job/role.

28 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Coming from a Celtic background and - most likely - handpicked by certain people shows no conflict of interest? Probably depends on the definition of that phrase, but in her role I would like to see someone with no interest in any club or if so, none that plays a prime role. As it stands, the way the decisions have turned against us and for them - IMHO - belies any sort of "conflict of interest" and impartiality that should come with the job/role.

The CO is a role that should belong to the clubs, not the SPFL or SFA. Appointments should be by public recommendation by the clubs and decided by the public vote of those club. Nominations should include a public statement by both the nominating club and the candidate, expressing what they bring to the role and why they are suitable. Reasonable objections should also be available for public scrutiny.

The current system of clandestine appointments is almost bound to result in exploitation and mistrust. That the SFA couldn't see this coming and avoid it reveals how inept and corrupt that organisation is.

Edited by Bill

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

1.  Being from a Celtic background doesn't mean there is conflict of interest.

2. "most likely" isn't grounds for conflict of interest.

I couldn't agree more that the person playing that role should have no club affiliations.  IF they continue with the role then it needs to not only be impartial but to be seen to be impartial (which covers point 2 above).  The system in England works far better because their Association don't also hold positions with clubs.  The SFA is archaic.  It should be filled with professional people who don't have any ulterior motives for any one team.  Looking to improve and enhance the game for the betterment of ALL association clubs, not just one.

But turkeys wont ever vote for Xmas.

It's unrealistic to demand a compliance officer with complete neutrality. That's never going to happen and all you end up doing is squabbling over which side should have their man/woman in place. The point is that they should be selected by and operate within a transparent system that exposes bias where it exists and has universal and public scrutiny. Only then will you see a clear, unambiguous and accountable basis for decision making. It should not be up to the compliance officer who gets investigated or punished. The compliance officer should be there only to apply such rules and standards as the clubs decide in advance should be applied. The current situation of Dickensian patronage and the discretionary application of a half-baked system is simply unacceptable. That it exists tells you everything you need to know about Scottish society in general and football in particular.

7 hours ago, pete said:

The whole CO function is Celtic's baby from start to now. Maybe not a legal conflict of interest but we all know she was hand picked. Funny how every CO has been connected with Celtic.

A bit like the US masters champions they all have a green blazer.