Trial By Sportscene Must Be Challenged

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Frankie's retort to Sutherland is most valid. Last night's Sportscene's trio grudgingly admitted Power should have received a red card. They failed to mention it was Power who did Graham Dorrans too, constituting a year long injury. What is Sutherland's excuse for leading debate on Morelos into loss of value in the transfer market because of indiscipline? Alfredo has received the same number of straight red cards this season as Aberdeen's McKenna, can we expect his suitors to lop off a few million? Remember Jonathon, your club has a new stadium to build and every penny is a prisoner.

Further, the four minutes and 55 seconds highlights of Sellik v Hibs last Wednesday chose NOT to show Scott Brown's challenge, a tackled flagged by Pat Bonner on BBC Radio Scotland as a possible red.  

5 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Frankie's retort to Sutherland is most valid. Last night's Sportscene's trio grudgingly admitted Power should have received a red card. They failed to mention it was Power who did Graham Dorrans too, constituting a year long injury. What is Sutherland's excuse for leading debate on Morelos into loss of value in the transfer market because of indiscipline? Alfredo has received the same number of straight red cards this season as Aberdeen's McKenna, can we expect his suitors to lop off a few million? Remember Jonathon, your club has a new stadium to build and every penny is a prisoner.

Further, the four minutes and 55 seconds highlights of Sellik v Hibs last Wednesday chose NOT to show Scott Brown's challenge, a tackled flagged by Pat Bonner on BBC Radio Scotland as a possible red.  

On Twitter they showed the Brown challenge and asked if it should have been a red.... the day after the deadline for notices of complaint to the CO.  They couldn't be any more transparent in their pro-Celtic, anti-Rangers bias.  55 will be the best one ever - and the meltdown will be "succulent lamb"

4 hours ago, Bill said:

An important question and I suspect the answer is “no”. However, it’s also unlikely anyone would be chosen for the CO role if there was a cat’s chance in Hell of them being directly linked to Celtic.

As they say “ the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”

The CO is judging what’s put in front of her. The issue is how does it get there in the first place and it is shocking that no one in authority including Rangers are asking that question. I can’t help thinking I’ve missed out on this important clarification whilst out of the country. 

37 minutes ago, craig said:

On Twitter they showed the Brown challenge and asked if it should have been a red.... the day after the deadline for notices of complaint to the CO.  They couldn't be any more transparent in their pro-Celtic, anti-Rangers bias.  55 will be the best one ever - and the meltdown will be "succulent lamb"

I'll tell you what! that 55 is becoming harder & harder due to all of this BBC/CO pish! deliberate? I would say so, the anti Rangers agenda driven BBC are trying their best to assist ST Pats to another title, if we were to win it this season not only would it be magnificent but probably the toughest one to achieve.

You don't need to look further than the reaction to both Morelos - McKenna incidents. The first, McKenna violently barges Morelos off the ball completely unprovoked and Morelos understandly retaliates by swinging his leg at him at he goes flying. It was almost beyond belief who little the provoking barge was mentioned, nobody questioned whether it was worthy of a yellow, red or being looked at by the CO. 

The second, I do believe Morelos was being a bit naughty and was trying to tread that line where he annoys his opponent as much as possible without doing anything worth of being sent off for. He follows through a bit and for me he tries to put his foot on McKenna without actually applying any force, very similar to what he did to Ralston and similar to the MacGregor-Ajer incident. Not at all similar to the first day of the season incident which some have bizarrely compared it to.

McKenna's reaction to this was probably the most psyochotic reaction to anything you're likely to see on a football pitch this season. But he's a lucky boy because Morelos was the recipient of his kung fu kick and that means his incredible retaliaton is ignored and Morelos is crucified for his minor offence. If McKenna's retaliation had been similarly minor there is absolutely no question it would have been two yellows.

Those two incidents are the best proof of bias in the BBC and Scotland's press today, whether it is conscious or unconscious. Morelos is scrutinised to death and crucified for the slightest provocation or retaliation and McKenna is treated like a victim who made a mistake whether he started it or whether he retaliated.

Edited by DMAA

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

and McKenna is treated like a victim who made a mistake whether he started it or whether he retaliated.

And his off the ball barge on the first day of the season is good old Scottish defending at it's best and nothing more than the tricks of the trade, something we should all be proud of as patriotic Scots.

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

And his off the ball barge on the first day of the season is good old Scottish defending at it's best and nothing more than the tricks of the trade, something we should all be proud of as patriotic Scots.

That is why the National XI is at the top of world football. 

52 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He barged Alfie twice before Alfie responded if I’m not mistaken?

Hard to say if the red card tally of Morelos may be detrimental to his value. There might be a chance I suppose that potential buyers could look at his incidents and decide it wouldn’t be red cards in their league.