Notice Of Complaint/Tribunal Table

18 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Rangers (along with others hopefully) should be doing everything possible to get the SFA Compliance Officer role abolished.

Not before questioning their role regarding a clear distortion of competition. (I like that phrase ... ).

Then you have this video telling the world that the Yahoos have been disadvantaged by the Rangers-minded SFA and referees for years. I'd call that an illness ... Yahoositis? Disfunctional reality perception syndrome?

The panel ... compare and contrast Lunny's and Maxwell's words on who actually decides on these issues:

Lunny

How would you explain the role of compliance officer?
"It's probably easier if I split it into two - the panel and how it's made up, and how I fitted in to that.
"The panel is made up of about 100 volunteers. They were from a broad spectrum of people from both football and non-football positions.
"From the football side there were some ex-players but not a great many, and we were always looking to get more to join the panel. A number of former grade one referees, who were particularly useful with regard to red card appeals. The third group from the football side were in relation to club directors, people from various clubs from all levels from the Premiership down to lower divisions.

"From outside football we had civil servants, solicitors, advocates, QCs, sheriffs and retired High Court judges, so a broad mix of legal and non-legal, with civil servants, businessmen, people from other disciplinary, tribunal backgrounds and panel members from other sports, who all brought their own experiences as judges and jurys effectively for the panel.
"Every case was run before a panel of three, they would be picked usually on the Monday or Tuesday, once we knew what the business was. They would sit and hear the evidence from my side and the club side, and come to a conclusion based on the evidence. I fitted into that effectively as the prosecutor. Where cases were brought to my attention I would prepare them and present them to the panel at the Thursday meetings and ask them to find the breach proved, and then proceed to sanction if that was appropriate."

Is the role and the panel's role at arm's length from the SFA as governing body?
"The panel, certainly yes, very much independent. They are volunteers, they give up their time freely because they love football and they are certainly at arm's length and I think the results where they go against the SFA, or against me I should say, are testament to the fact they are at arm's length. I wasn't at arm's length, I was paid by the SFA. Having said that, I was very much left to get on with the job and the decision whether or not to take the case forward was solely mine."

Maxwell

Can the compliance officer take retrospective action for on-field incidents?

SFA: "The compliance officer can only raise a fast track notice of complaint and take retrospective action when an on field incident, or an exceptional part of an on field incident, has been unseen by the match officials.
"When investigating a potential fast track case, the compliance officer does not seek any opinion on the incident from the match officials, or ask them to reconsider any decision made. This has not changed. The decision of the referee regarding facts connected with play will always be respected in line with the laws of the game. It is for this reason that the disciplinary rules relating to retrospective action only come into effect when an incident, or part of an incident, is unseen by the match officials.
"When the match officials confirm an on field incident is unseen, the compliance officer seeks opinions from three independent experts. Those experts are drawn from a pool of former category 1 referees, who are up to date with current refereeing guidelines. A fast track notice of complaint can only competently be raised when all three experts provide written evidence that the incident constituted a sending off offence."

Either you have a ragtag band of people who may have all sorts of biased or unbiased opinion, with the odd former ref in tow. Or, as we have been told repeatedly, three former refs deciding on the issue. If the former is true, no wonder that we see rather absurd or downright ridiculous decisions ... which are then accepted by the SFA as "impartial" et al.

Club 1872 logo
shadow.jpg

Club 1872 seeks answers from SFA over disciplinary process

Dear Member

Club 1872 has today written to the SFA seeking explanation for the incomprehensible decision making of their compliance officer, Clare Whyte and the judicial panels convened by them to oversee disciplinary matters in Scottish football.

Supporters of all clubs have been left confused and concerned by the process of citing players for events that it is claimed have been missed by referees, despite clear video evidence to the contrary. There are also major anomalies within the appeals process for red card offences and a complete lack of transparency and consistency in decisions reached.

The following questions have been directed to the SFA and we hope that they will properly address this situation before the continued actions of their compliance officer and judicial panels make a mockery of this season’s competitions.

1) How are judicial panels selected prior to appeals being heard? We understand there is a pool of around forty people to choose from but who decides which three of these forty sit on any given panel? Why is this process not transparent and why is there no explanation from the SFA on the role of the compliance officer in these selections? If the selection is not random and transparent, at least to the clubs involved in any given hearing, then why is that the case?

2) With recent decisions, the compliance officer appears to be ignoring the FIFA directive which states that citing cannot be used to correct bad refereeing. We now see instances where referees have awarded yellow cards but then appear to be encouraged to claim they have not seen incidents to allow retrospective action. When do referees submit their reports to the SFA following matches and precisely what steps are being taken to ensure that referees are not subject to any outside influence prior to submitting these reports?

3) The process of citing players after games, and the appeals process for action taken by referees on the park appears to be heavily influenced by certain media platforms and the prominence they give, or do not give, to certain incidents. Incidents have included blatant acts of diving and violent conduct which, when not highlighted by the media, have also been ignored by the compliance officer. Is trial by media an accepted part of the SFA disciplinary process and if so, what safeguards are in place to stop clubs, on whom undue focus is placed, from being unfairly penalised?

Club 1872

Issued by Supporters Voice Limited, a Club 1872 company

2 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Club1872 should contact UEFA & FIFA. Get them involved. 

TheSFA Compliance Officer role needs to be abolished. It has been shown to be totally inconsistent & open to bias.

I doubt UEFA or FIFA will get involved in local decisions.

3 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Club1872 should contact UEFA & FIFA. Get them involved. 

TheSFA Compliance Officer role needs to be abolished. It has been shown to be totally inconsistent & open to bias.

Frankly, Club1872 shows little sign of being bothered. All those shares ... did anyone stop to ask why, what it's for?

Edited by Bill

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Didn't you and  I just read a statement from them a few posts above?

I'm glad you're impressed by that mighty effort. Personally, I doubt the SFA will read beyond the first paragraph - that's how effective I think this strategy will prove.