Compliance on Power

5 hours ago, pete said:

Yellow card for dangerous play the referee got it spot on. Totally no intent by Power. I would be mad if a Rangers player got sent off for that.

From the regerees handbook on high feet. 

If the defender is showing the bottom of his boots, then he will get a straight red. As in no situation can a player justify that he was going for the ball with that gesture. Even if his intentions were innocent, it is too dangerous for the other player.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

How bad is it when even a noted Rangers hater like Sutton concedes the insanity.

The SFA compliance Officer role should be abolished. It was a role created for the yahoos whereby they’d get all others restrospectively punished whilst they didn’t. 

I see Darnell Johnson the hibs player has  lost his appeal against a 2 game ban despite getting a yellow card at the time of the incident. This is scandalous. If the incident is SEEN by the referee there should be no further action. This incident was not UNSEEN. 

Same goes for Allan McGregor’s appeal today. If SEEN by the referee that should be the end of the matter

Edited by RANGERRAB

5 hours ago, pete said:

Yellow card for dangerous play the referee got it spot on. Totally no intent by Power. I would be mad if a Rangers player got sent off for that.

I'm pretty sure a Rangers player would have got a red for that.

15 minutes ago, onevision said:

I'm pretty sure a Rangers player would have got a red for that.

Absolutely.

The problem here is we have got a Compliance Officer whose bias & inconsistency is there for all to see.

She isn’t smart enough to hide it

2 hours ago, barca72 said:

Are you kidding? Studs up and at head height - RED every time.
How can we take the hammer throwers out of the game if this conduct is allowed?

So we can rule out all overhead kicks from the game then. The guy was following the ball and tried to bring it down out the air. I don't believe he even knew Jack was there. Funny how people think it is okay for McGregor to come in with a straight leg and studs showing under the name of protecting himself. 

Sorry to upset the apple cart but I think the referee and SFA have got this spot on.

52 minutes ago, pete said:

So we can rule out all overhead kicks from the game then. The guy was following the ball and tried to bring it down out the air. I don't believe he even knew Jack was there. Funny how people think it is okay for McGregor to come in with a straight leg and studs showing under the name of protecting himself. 

Sorry to upset the apple cart but I think the referee and SFA have got this spot on.

That was not an overhead kick, so no need to take them out of the game. If the ball had hit his boot, studs or otherwise, he would have had no control of it, it could have gone anywhere.
Before he goes for the ball he had looked twice at Jack and knew exactly where he was, it was probably a deliberate act of intimidation to prevent Jack from trying to head the ball. 
McGregor and Power are two entirely different incidents so whataboutary won't work.
The ref got it wrong and so has the CO.

1 hour ago, pete said:

Dead right.  Power was reckless but there was no intent.  Anyone who has played the game knows you sometimes follow the ball like that, unintentionally creating a dangerous situation. Yellow card was correct decision.

For me it’s not about whether incidents should or shouldn’t have got yellow cards or red cards.

It’s whether the SFA Compliance Officer can over-rule an incident the referee had clearly SEEN. If so then that is very dangerous indeed in my opinion 

7 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

To be honest I don't think there is any real intent either but it has to be appreciated that raising the foot that high showing studs is dangerous and has to be deterred. Don't you think it likely that Morelos would be red carded if he went in like that?

If it had been Morelos the red card would have been out before the opposing fell after the tackle.

Looks like a couple on here are succumbing to the all Rangers do is bad scenario by trying to defend that tackle.