MORELOS is Free to face Kilmarnock in next week's Scottish Cup replay

ALFREDO MORELOS is FREE to face Kilmarnock in next week's Scottish Cup replay at Ibrox.

The Colombian striker was sent off in last week's 4-2 win over Aberdeen after kicking out at Scott McKenna.

Rangers appealed against the decision but the striker was handed a three-game ban after his dismissal wasn't overturned by the SFA.

Morelos was issued with a two-match suspension for the flashpoint, while a further ban was imposed because it was his second league red card of the campaign.

The 22-year-old sat out the 0-0 Scottish Cup draw with Kilmarnock at Rugby Park but WILL be able to play in next week's replay.

This is because the extra match ban only applies to Premiership games meaning will miss the clashes with St Johnstone and Hamilton.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3872856/alfredo-morelos-rangers-kilmarnock-replay-available-ban-scottish-cup/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1550052638

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I enjoy the Record Rangers podcast. Scott McDermott was bang on about Morelos's second, I had thought the exact same when I saw it. He said he hadn't seen "that type of finish" from Morelos until now. That finish was the highlight of the game for me because I've mentioned before my concern that Moreos lacks a bit of technique and finesse with his finishing, he seems to go with his laces almost every time. That finish was very exciting because for me it showed he has more potential than I realised and in all honesty more ability than I realised.

BTW ...

@AndyNewportPA

Steven Gerrard reveals @RangersFC may be without Jermain Defoe and Kyle Lafferty for tomorrow's game with St Johnstone. Alfredo Morelos is suspended and Defoe (hamstring) and Laffery (calf) are now doubts. Dapo Mebude recalled from Scotland youth duty to provide cover

Thanks to the mumbo-jumbo SFA-CO stuff and our lck with injuries, we may end with no strikers against a team that has been put to the sword thrice in recent weeks by the Yahoos, 0-9 goals in total. I woud usually advocate a two-striker line-up in games such like these, but we seemingly have not even one natural striker for the one-up-top 4-3-3.

12 hours ago, Bill said:

It wouldn't surprise me if, having orchestrated suspensions, etc, the SFA doesn't now reintroduce Willie Collum just to make sure we're fucked.

Rangers v St Johnstone - Steven McLean