[FT] Rangers 0 - 0 St Johnstone

36 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

One of the worst games of football I have ever seen. We were lucky to get a point. Davis-anonymous, Defoe-anonymous, Candeias-anonymous, Barasic-Gives me the fear! Kent was the only pass mark today. Just awful and league over.

On a side note; it was probably one of the most subdued atmospheres at Ibrox in a long time? Weird and eerily quiet today.

Agree with all bar Candeias, who i thought was trying to make things happen in the first half.

33 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Correct.

I would have to add that a clear-out in the summer is essential.

The bookies must love those who are suggesting, optimistically, that we remain in the Scottish Cup. It is possible that we will despatch Kilmarnock, but on recent form I cannot be sanguine about success this competition.

There will be no big clearcut of players. Incremental additions/replacements only.

I said last Winter we need a creative midfielder.  I said it again last Summer.  I said it again this Winter.

I reckon I'll be saying it again this Summer.  We rely far too much on Morelos.  Without him we're a soft touch.

8 minutes ago, les186 said:

Davis and Defoe have been very disappointing so far.

Was Defoe playing? 

Time after time we start with much too low a tempo and get more hesitant and cautious as the game goes on. Why is that? They seem utterly incapable of learning anything. Gerrard needs to realise (as I hope he does) that his primary function is to change players for the better but it's just not happening.

Pass marks (grudgingly) for Lafferty, Worral, Kamara, Foderingham. The rest looked disinterested and feckless. Our fullbacks are a fucking nightmare.

At least we're making progress. We've now come far enough to be confirmed second best.

18 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

So much for Defoe and Davis being the quality signings we needed to boost our squad. We need to build from a base of youth now for the future; the U17s have shown the way. No more 'experienced' players, it's time to end this elephant's graveyard at Ibrox.

Davis looks like his legs have gone and he knows it? I hope not but when he came off he didn’t seem outwardly positive at all. Defoe can’t play on his own and we should have went 4-4-2 today.

Edited by cooponthewing

28 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I said last Winter we need a creative midfielder.  I said it again last Summer.  I said it again this Winter.

I reckon I'll be saying it again this Summer.  We rely far too much on Morelos.  Without him we're a soft touch.

Absolutely, it’s utterly embarrassing that we rely on a bulldozer up front to create a chance most of the time, and it exposes the lack of creativity from Kent and Candeias that they can’t give Defoe anything to work with! Defoe will get pelters today because he was “anonymous”. He was “anonymous” because our midfield has next to no creativity. 

It looks like Gerrard has wasted a fair chunk of our funds on the likes of Grezda, Davis and Worrall.

Questions will have to be asked if he can't rectify his errors in the Summer.  

Edited by Gonzo79