Is Scottish Football Corrupt?

With all the strange decisions by the compliance officer, the unusual non-uniform decisions from referees, the strange silence in the press on certain issues and the inexplicable behaviour of the footballing authorities towards certain issues, do you think that Scottish Football has been corrupted?

Honestly? I think Scottish football, like much else in Scottish life, is deeply corrupt and is sustained only by the naivety of people who rush to claim it is merely incompetence. Frankly, I trust very little in Scotland at face value and nothing is rushing forward to change my mind, whether in football, politics or whatever

This certainly isn't the "best wee country in the world". It's cesspit of bigotry and division ... from Holyrood to Hampden ... and probably has been since the 19th century invasion split communities and started the cultural substitution that's been ongoing ever since. We're burdened by a truly awful neighbour and it's not England. 

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

Honestly? I think Scottish football, like much else in Scottish life, is deeply corrupt and is sustained only by the naivety of people who rush to claim it is merely incompetence. Frankly, I trust very little in Scotland at face value and nothing is rushing forward to change my mind, whether in football, politics or whatever

This certainly isn't the "best wee country in the world". It's cesspit of bigotry and division ... from Holyrood to Hampden ... and probably has been since the 19th century invasion split communities and started the cultural substitution that's been ongoing ever since. We're burdened by a truly awful neighbour and it's not England. 

I would genuinely love to disagree with you. But I find so many things that seem blatantly obvious and reeking of corruption - and you’re right; it is in daily life too.

As with the word "sectarian" in Scotland, the word "compliance" does have a rather peculiar meaning when it is being combined with "Compliance Officer". There is but one - rhethoric - question here: the officer is compliant to whom? The facts speak for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Crimson Dynamo said:

I don't think it is corrupt.  Inept would be a better description.

I would like to think the same, but when the ineptitude constantly negatively / positively affects a certain side, then it is either extremely bad / fortunate luck or there is no other description than corruption.

I dunno if its corrupt, but its certainly lazy, self-centred and likes to follow the path of least resistance.

If enough teams got to gether and said lefts sort out the ref problem, we coud.

if we wanted a bigger league (say 16-18) to allow for space to develope passing football with scottish players, we could.

if we wanted to sort out the sfa, we could.

all of these things needs us to work together(all teams & fans).

13 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

My cynical self just murmured: working together in Scotland is some challenge, as we have seeen from the days of William Wallace right to standing together in 2007 or 2012 or these last few years.

26 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

I dunno if its corrupt, but its certainly lazy, self-centred and likes to follow the path of least resistance.

If enough teams got to gether and said lefts sort out the ref problem, we coud.

if we wanted a bigger league (say 16-18) to allow for space to develope passing football with scottish players, we could.

if we wanted to sort out the sfa, we could.

But do the fans want to get together to sort things out? They clearly don’t. 

The blind hatred of Rangers seems to have allowed all sorts to slip when it comes to the smaller teams fans, not really grasping that not only are Rangers being screwed, Celtic are being given advantage.

2 minutes ago, StuGers said:

But do the fans want to get together to sort things out? They clearly don’t. 

The blind hatred of Rangers seems to have allowed all sorts to slip when it comes to the smaller teams fans, not really grasping that not only are Rangers being screwed, Celtic are being given advantage.

Well maybe we should look try and reach out to other supporter associations, at least then we can say we tried and no one was interested, its got to be better than the perpetual cycle of complaining that we do now.  Also i wouldnt just stop at spfl, i would engage all the teams in the divisions below, after all didnt we make a few friends on the way up?