Selective hearing only fuels sectarian hatred

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Another unfair criticism I think. Do you think the Rangers board would be happy with him telling the world he'd been approached? The professional thing to do was not to tell and that's probably what the board asked him to do when he turned it down.

In which case, he should have stuck to his story. He's just come out of this week dreadfully.

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

In which case, he should have stuck to his story. He's just come out of this week dreadfully.

Yes I agree with that. Almost like he saw it as revenge telling everyone. 

4 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Sectarianism will never be eradicated from Scottish football until Celtic face up to the fact it is they who have the biggest problem. Not us.

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

We should get our own house in order regardless of what others say or do.

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

3 hours ago, trueblue 64 said:

Apparently 'Stevie Clarke, you're a wanker' was sung first and he responded with a wave and a thumbs up, he did state in the interview he was okay with that type of abuse but managers responding to opposition fans are  usually opening themselves up to further abuse. 

Perhaps we can sing this acceptable song, for the duration of the second half, next time we humiliate his team.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

He was also caught lying about the Rangers job.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Another unfair criticism I think. Do you think the Rangers board would be happy with him telling the world he'd been approached? The professional thing to do was not to tell and that's probably what the board asked him to do when he turned it down.

He lied.

He apologised to the record for lying.

It's a fair criticism to call him a liar.

It's also a fair criticism to note that we are only talking about this because he can't control himself after watching his team be humiliated.

5 hours ago, Thinker said:

To be honest, I've got a lot of sympathy for Clarke here. He's been a bit of a clown these last couple of weeks with his comments on Defoe diving but, to the best of my knowledge, he's never uttered a peep about Irish history or politics. I've no problem giving him a hard time, but he's no more a "******" than many of the catholic players that have played for us, so why bring that into it? (To my mind, a ****** is someone who glorifies republican terrorists and sings bigoted anti-British songs - and most likely self-applies the term.)

It's good that Boyd's sitting alongside him too - it makes it that bit harder for the editorially biased to frame this as specifically Rangers' issue. The interviewer really ought to have asked Kris if he expects to receive an apology too though.

To be honest I have no sympathy for him, or anyone else, for targeting my club! I have no sympathy for any Scottish/Irish club for attacking my club, they will continue to attack my club.

We were shown a lot of sympathy when we got voted out of the top league!!!!, I will never forget that, fuck them all & fuck Scottish football.

I think that I'm right to say that the Union Bears started the chant and if so then the club should probably act.  I won't relish it but they have a privileged position and that should come with a bit of responsibility.  I suspect that the club does not need to allow them to set up a podium or carry a megaphone in to the match.  It's not too much to ask for them to be responsible and not start chants that the club would class as unacceptable behaviour.

Steve Clarke is a good manager and, if I'm being honest, I'm quite happy that he is doing well at Kilmarnock.  It's much better to have competitive opponents.  We should have been talking about how we were superior on the pitch instead of all this stuff.  We all know how the game is played in Scotland so there are no real excuses for walking in to these traps.

20 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

To be honest I have no sympathy for him, or anyone else, for targeting my club! I have no sympathy for any Scottish/Irish club for attacking my club, they will continue to attack my club.

We were shown a lot of sympathy when we got voted out of the top league!!!!, I will never forget that, fuck them all & fuck Scottish football.

So call him a baldy wanker or whatever. There's no justification for calling him a ******, and it should be pretty fucking obvious that anyone who does is providing the usual suspects with another stick to attack my club with.

Sadly we can't fuck the rest of Scottish football as we need somebody to play against on a Saturady afternoon. You don't have to like or respect the other clubs, but we do have to coexist with them. Stand up for the club by all means, but I can't see why anyone would knowingly provide our detractors with ammo.