Selective hearing only fuels sectarian hatred

35 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I think that I'm right to say that the Union Bears started the chant and if so then the club should probably act.  I won't relish it but they have a privileged position and that should come with a bit of responsibility.  I suspect that the club does not need to allow them to set up a podium or carry a megaphone in to the match.  It's not too much to ask for them to be responsible and not start chants that the club would class as unacceptable behaviour.

Steve Clarke is a good manager and, if I'm being honest, I'm quite happy that he is doing well at Kilmarnock.  It's much better to have competitive opponents.  We should have been talking about how we were superior on the pitch instead of all this stuff.  We all know how the game is played in Scotland so there are no real excuses for walking in to these traps.

This. With bells on. Well said

Is anyone else utterly scunnered with this prehistoric garbage? We should be talking about a 5-0 cup win. 4 goals for Alfie. The midfields hunger to work in packs to retain possession. The next round v Aberdeen. Oh no. Rangers fans don't get that luxury afforded to most football fans. We get a few days of the club being dragged through the myre thanks to this cringeworthy own goal by some of our fans. It's getting tiresome tbh. Just concentrate on football ffs. Leave all your own baggage at your own door. You are doing the club you profess to love, no favours whatsoever

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.

We should get our own house in order regardless of what others say or do.

You made a decent point untill you spouted the biblical nonsense. On the one hand you don’t want religion in football (rightly so) but then you quote it? Deary me?

I agree with you re Union bears and as soon as we heard the 30 second chant I knew it was trouble. You seem happy to not defend our treatment over the last 10 years despite countless outside hostile forces intent on attaching our fans and club though?

We know the UB shouldn’t have sung that however, they will argue that as they see thousands abusing Boyd and his Protestant background without reprimand, that they felt their behaviour was justified. Personally, I won’t be holding my breath for parity and have watched attacks on us for years. There is no mediation with this lot. We have 50k sing this to SG at the piggery: nothing said v 100 sing at Ibrox: Meltdown. That’s where we are at.

2 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

You made a decent point untill you spouted the biblical nonsense. On the one hand you don’t want religion in football (rightly so) but then you quote it? Deary me?

I agree with you re Union bears and as soon as we heard the 30 second chant I knew it was trouble. You seem happy to not defend our treatment over the last 10 years despite countless outside hostile forces intent on attaching our fans and club though?

We know the UB shouldn’t have sung that however, they will argue that as they see thousands abusing Boyd and his Protestant background without reprimand, that they felt their behaviour was justified. Personally, I won’t be holding my breath for parity and have watched attacks on us for years. There is no mediation with this lot. We have 50k sing this to SG at the piggery: nothing said v 100 sing at Ibrox: Meltdown. That’s where we are at.

If we know all this then it's time to play a cannier game IMO. The Tim's abusing Boyd shouldn't be a green light to excuse our own abuse. If nothing was said on Wednesday the focus should have been on THEM. Ok the media will not run with it in the same way but if we keep our own house in check they will eventually be exposed. 

PS. As much as the passage was from the Bible, it's not overtly religious is it? Sounds more like common sense

46 minutes ago, Thinker said:

So call him a baldy wanker or whatever. There's no justification for calling him a ******, and it should be pretty fucking obvious that anyone who does is providing the usual suspects with another stick to attack my club with.

Sadly we can't fuck the rest of Scottish football as we need somebody to play against on a Saturady afternoon. You don't have to like or respect the other clubs, but we do have to coexist with them. Stand up for the club by all means, but I can't see why anyone would knowingly provide our detractors with ammo.

Quite agree, however I personally don't sing/shout at any manager/players, I simply said I don't have any sympathy with anyone in Scottish football, any Rangers fans singing any songs that would harm the club are doing Rangers harm! again I didn't call him or anyone anything!!.

And I don't give a fuck about any Scottish team, or the national team, I am allowed to say that and feel that!.

Edited by ian1964

16 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Sorry but everyone knows that the sectarianism in Scottish football has nothing to do with actual religion or beliefs, it’s just tribalism, us and them. In fact a good dose of Christianity would do most of them a lot of good. 

Edited by DMAA

12 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

I'm afraid it is not nonsense. Neither is any singing, at the football, about religion.

Perhaps you should seek out a class on logical fallacy next time you are at the big school.

You have lost me here.

Please explain.

It appears that you have all the excuses that you need.