[FT] Hamilton 0 - 5 Rangers (Jack 16; Defoe 17; Arfield 24; Tavernier 44pen; Lafferty 88)

1 minute ago, craig said:

I personally feel it was the primary cause.  We slowed it down and played keep ball.  We didn’t look to penetrate as much.

But that’s just picking apart something that barely needs picking apart.  Could have had more but a 5-0 win away from home is a very good days work

Agreed (the second part).

We like a moan... :facepalm: 

Just now, Rousseau said:

I feel Lafferty is so unlucky.

He gets into so many good positions, and gets some terrific chances, but it always seems like does what he needs to do to score -- get a good connection, hit the target etc. -- but the 'keeper will save it, or there will be a deflection somewhere. 

And, because he's not getting that end product, he's been left out. 

IMO he’s being left out for a different reason.  One being Morelos is on fire so he won’t get that line strikers role and the other being that kent is on fire creating from the left hand side.  

He’s being left out because the players in those positions are performing so well

2 minutes ago, craig said:

IMO he’s being left out for a different reason.  One being Morelos is on fire so he won’t get that line strikers role and the other being that kent is on fire creating from the left hand side.  

He’s being left out because the players in those positions are performing so well

Oh, yes, he's never going to be the first-choice striker, but I meant as a replacement, coming off the bench etc. He's been left out altogether quite often.

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Sure, but it was unlikely that we'd have scored another 4; it doesn't work like that, no matter how we approach it. We caught them tactically, and dominated, and were clinical. They changed it second half, too, which negated that numerical superiority we enjoyed in the first half.

Edit: I had a look at their results -- I did not care for it ? -- and they've done what we've done, several times: Running away with it in the first half, then not continued.

I'm with the manager on this one, from this post match interview, I don't like it when the players take their foot off the gas and showboat. Don't drop the tempo, keep pressing, move the ball quickly and the chances will come how many of those you score is down to composure and a degree of luck. However if you take your foot off the gas and slow the game down you invite the opposition to get a foothold in a game that has essentially flew past them in the first half limiting your opportunity to create and possibly score as was seen by the fact we only really created 3-4 chances in the 2nd half where Lafferty scores from only one of those. The more attacking possession football we play the more chances we should create. If you limit yourself then its not a surprise your conversion rate drops.