What should we do?

It really is time to boycott SFA fixtures and all away games. See lots of talk from fans about the club doing nothing and Rangers fans moaning about not good statements from the board etc. Hit them in the pocket. Only the fans with our money can change this. We have the power. 

Edited by Walterbear

Personally, I would wait until the game at the piggery. If SG hears the song directed at him or if there is orange or Hun bastards sung or seen, take the players off. Do not return to the field unless the people are arrested or ejected. We will have the full backing of UEFA and it will show the world what’s going on St Pats.

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Rangers chairman has released a statement as has Club1872, what we should do now is back them, stop singing sectarian songs! Sunday will be interesting as the with hunt on Rangers has increased and the fans need to wise up.

While I agree here, there is a clear agenda at work here. Ever since we are back at the top, the away games have been "marred" with TBB and everything else your part-time would-be anti-sectarianism crusader*  need to hear to get upset about. Over the last three years, these songs have been noted about half a handful of times. You actually started to wonder whether it all has gone back to the "cynical" banter age, when what others and neutrals may describe as distasteful** was commonly sung both at Ibrox and elsewhere.

But no, now that we are back and "threatening" again, have a board and chairman who will lead us to a better future and a manager of some standing in the game, the best weapon they think they can wield against us is being sharpened again. Despite the fact that these songs and chants have been about for three years - at least. And not just with Rangers. In fact, the IRA-oke has never left the Scumhut and any grounds the grey-green horde has visited. Which can be verified very - as in: VERY - easily. But there is no heart-broken manager who has been subjected to a chant but ONCE opening his soul to the public. No public outcry by said crusaders. No outcry whatsoever. Which is at best peculiar. Yet, when it comes to Rangers, that bastion of British loyalism, nationalism ... which I would actually term patriotism, all those experts creep out of their holes, driven by Scottish nationalist, Celtic-minded or similar narrow-minded *take your pick* agendas. I for one would gather them together, place a camera and amonitor in front of them and show them the following video and ask them, what do you make of this:

... and please give a solid condemnation of that.

And while I am at it, I would also go to people responsible and working on behalf of British veterans, Ministry of Justice and Defence officials  plus the Home Office, hand them first class documentation of the IRA-oke, Lee Rigby songs, pro-terrorist chanting and behavior and ask them for an official statement and have that printed in the Scottish press.

* Crusader against "sectarianism" must sure be some in-joke ...

** up to your knees, FTP and FTQ is probably a bit more your everyday supporter and football viewer hears on TV

HOME TRUTHS

Steve Clarke admits he told ‘small lies’ to deny Rangers interest before Steven Gerrard appointment

The Kilmarnock manager was rumoured to be in line for the Rangers job before Steven Gerrard's appointment

By David Friel
23rd February 2019, 10:04 am
Updated: 23rd February 2019, 10:05 am

RELIGION was the reason why Steve Clarke didn’t join Graeme Souness’ 1980s Ibrox revolution.

Tracked by Rangers, then St Mirren full-back Clarke was advised his Catholic background made the proposed switch a non-starter.

Kenny Ramsay - The Sun Glasgow
Steve Clarke has taken Kilmarnock to compete at the top end of the table during his reign

A few years on, Souness signed ex-Celt Mo Johnston and broke down barriers in the process.

Fast forward to 2019, and Clarke thought the dark days of sectarianism in Scottish football were long gone.

But events at Ibrox and Rugby Park in the last week showed the Killie boss that bigotry sadly still remains.

Clarke said: “In society in Scotland there have been advances. I was brought up in an age where the first part of any conversation was: ‘What school did you go to, son?’ Hopefully we’re past that.

News Group Newspapers Ltd
Graeme Souness wanted to sign Clarke from St Mirren for Rangers

“When I was a player going back to 1984 or 1985 Rangers didn’t sign Catholic players. When I was at St Mirren there was an enquiry when Graeme Souness took over about me going to Rangers.

“I remember at the time the manager Alex Smith said: ‘No, you couldn’t do that son.’ It wasn’t because there was any racism or sectarianism from Alex, he was just protecting me as a person.

“Not long afterwards Mo Johnston went there as the first headline Catholic to sign for Rangers.

“So there’s been massive advances. Now they do sign Catholic players. It’s not an issue.

“When Rangers approached me to ask if I would be interested in the job last year, they assured me as a club it was no longer an issue.

“One of the issues we discussed was me being from the west coast.

Getty Images - Getty
Mo Johnston was one of the first headline Catholics to join Rangers

“I sensed that would be one of the issues and Rangers assured me that they as a club had addressed it, were trying to address it, and it wasn’t an issue any more.

“But you will see what’s happened to myself the other night, what happened to Kris Boyd in last Sunday’s Celtic game — it’s still an issue.

“The other night showed to me that: ‘Yeah, there is still something there.’

“There is still that undercurrent that unfortunately blights the west coast of Scotland, or the country as a whole . . . I don’t know.”

Clarke insists religion or sectarianism WASN’T the reason he didn’t become Rangers boss before Steven Gerrard, after being linked with the job last summer.

He was also at pains to stress he was never actually offered the Ibrox job.

Willie Vass
Steve Clarke and Steven Gerrard shake hands at Ibrox

Clarke added: “No, it wasn’t a factor. We never got close to anything.

“I came back here and I said very quickly and clearly it’s not my intention to leave Kilmarnock for any other Scottish club. At the time, the speculation was going on and on.

“The story was just going to build and build. I chose to tell some small lies to make the story go away because I didn’t need it, and Kilmarnock didn’t need it.

“The only way I could think to achieve that was to say there was nothing in it, and that was the end of the story.

“Sorry, but sometimes we just have to tell little lies to make life a bit easier.

“I felt a little bit frustrated for Steven Gerrard when he was asked about me being offered the job before him.

“That’s a load of nonsense. I wasn’t offered the job. Steven Gerrard must sit in his office and think: ‘Oh jeez, not Steve Clarke again’!”

Willie Vass
Steven Gerrard was the man to replace Pedro Caixinha

Clarke’s work at Killie hasn’t gone unnoticed and he would be in the running for the Celtic job, should boss Brendan Rodgers leave any time soon.

But Clarke insists events of the last week haven’t changed his career plans, as he expects to go back to England when he moves on.

Clarke said: “I came back to Scotland to work for Kilmarnock.

“I will continue to do that. The club have been good for me.

“What happened this week is hopefully one isolated incident that will now lead to better things in the future.

“In terms of football it’s just carry on with the job and try and get back to winning ways. I came up here for a reason. Those are my reasons and will stay my reasons.

“But at some stage I will go back to my family in England.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3914474/kilmarnock-steve-clarke-rangers-steven-gerrard/

So admitting you are a liar and will lie to make life easier for yourself. Again you even lie in this piece. Rangers did sign Catholics at that time and always have done throughout history. You also pulled the old sectarian card to cover up a 5-0 trouncing to make life easier for yourself. The thing about liars is they lie to cover up lies and in the end lose track of the lies they told originally. Liars always get found out in the end as in your case.

“Not long afterwards Mo Johnston went there as the "first headline Catholic" to sign for Rangers.

He was a "headline" Catholic to sign for Rangers because he was a star Celtic player beforehand. No more, no less. What is usually forgotten is that we actually sold people for apparently being "sectarian" about MoJo`s signing, namely Davie Cooper, who said "He shouldn`t be here!" and was sold not long after. (Yeah, I would have to dig out the sources on that, but it was in a Rangers-minded book on the club.) There have been various attempts on telling half-truths, half-facts and downright lies about our signing policy. An interesting post on FF/4LADS regarding that matter:

Rangers never signed a Catholic before the arrival of Maurice Johnston? A lie dismissed
Steven Clifford Uncategorized January 18, 20192 Minutes
It has been open season on our football club for a long time and one of the many lies or accusations is that as a club we refused to sign players of a catholic faith. A lie often told is, that up until the signing of Maurice Johnston in 1989, Rangers never signed anyone of Catholic faith
What I will simply do here is answer that question with the facts, did Rangers sign a Catholic before Maurice Johnston’s arrival in 1989?
Those with agendas wish to kick us at every turn and this is one of the favourite lies told
It has long since annoyed me that this has never been formally challenged by the club but such is with these things, once a lie is told often enough it is passed along as fact. Perhaps the clubs view, of giving the lie credence by challenging it, has merit but we will quickly look at our history and dispel it easily
Rangers football club is a club founded by four young lads for the love of our game. Moses McNeil, his brother Peter, Peter Campbell and William McBeath first met in early 1872 to form the greatest club in the land and it was then our journey begun
From our very first game in Fleshers Haugh to becoming the worlds most decorated football club. The only thing these four lads wanted was to play football
So a quick look through our history shows in undeniable fact that our club has signed Catholics and that any myth or lies that our club is built on a ‘sectarian signing policy’ is exactly that, a lie and is very easily dismissed
Those players include –
Pat Lafferty 1886, Tom Dunbar 1891, Jay Tutty 1899, Archie Kyle 1904, Willie Kivlichan 1906, Colin Mainds 1906, Tom Murray 1907, William Brown 1912, Joe Donnachie 1914, John Jackson 1917.
These are players only known openly in history, as religion was not as openly discussed as it is now, as being of the Catholic faith. However even at a glance quite a few players who were openly practicing Catholic and easily dispels the myth peddled by those with an agenda
Moving on there is many more examples of players who starred for our club prior to the arrival of Maurice and these included –
Laurie Blyth 1951, Don Kitchenbrand 1955, Hugh O’Neil 1976, John Spencer 1985 (Just three years before Johnstone’s arrival!)
Of course since Johnston’s signing and the scrutiny of the media, introduction of social media the knowledge of players faiths is more open and discussed. In many ways the only issues and problems caused, seem to be by media and supporters of clubs outwith our own
Players openly practice their faith in a Rangers jersey and it has not an issue inside Ibrox, the only people making it that way have nothing to do with the club. The recent coverage players such as Jon Daly has received only go to prove that
The truth is always available and next time someone spouts rubbish about our club you can tell them how wrong they are
This isn’t an apology for our culture or an attempt to distort history, it simply answers the question
The history of our club is a beautiful and wonderful thing, four young lads founding one of the biggest clubs in the world for the love of football only
They had a dream and now we are living it
Thanks to our friends RangersHistory, @RangersFACTS on twitter, who helped to research this short article

https://fourladshadadream.blog/2019/01/18/rangers-never-signed-a-catholic-before-the-arrival-of-maurice-johnstone-a-lie-dismissed/

It has been 30 years (nigh a third of a century) since MoJo ... and when it happened, Mr. Clarke was 25-years old. Ever since, there has been no end to Catholics signing for Rangers, but the myth is still prevalent. I'm not surprised if some average German TV reporter needs to drag this stuff about Protestants and Catholics out of the cellar should they report on the Old Firm, but people who have been around 30odd years in the Scottish/British environment?

Edited by der Berliner

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Rangers chairman has released a statement as has Club1872, what we should do now is back them, stop singing sectarian songs! Sunday will be interesting as the with hunt on Rangers has increased and the fans need to wise up.

You’re right but don’t do it because you think it will stop the witch hunt against Rangers - because it won’t. 

Let’s be be honest about this, no one is actually offended by these songs. Not genuinely offended. No one at all. This is the age of victimhood, when it is fully acceptable to pretend to be offended and have it accepted as valid for the sole purpose of attacking someone in the process, in this case Rangers. 

Sure, the songs give the enemy an easy target but if it wasn’t the songs it would be something else. That’s how life is for Rangers and that’s how it will continue. There’s no end to this. It’s not going to stop and eventually it will wear us all down to until ...

57 minutes ago, Bill said:

It’s not going to stop and eventually it will wear us all down to until ...

That is the million dollar question....history is littered with examples of what happens when parts of society are margenalised? What does the future hold......?

I have to agree with you Bill, the 30 second naughty song is a convenient excuse for them to go on the attack (although a very bad own goal and I’m not condoning it). Otherwise, it would have been something else they would find to attack us. How will all this end as it seeps deeper and deeper through society?

1 hour ago, cooponthewing said:

That is the million dollar question....history is littered with examples of what happens when parts of society are margenalised? What does the future hold......?

I have to agree with you Bill, the 30 second naughty song is a convenient excuse for them to go on the attack (although a very bad own goal and I’m not condoning it). Otherwise, it would have been something else they would find to attack us. How will all this end as it seeps deeper and deeper through society?

I believe we’ll need to get beyond the madness of SNP nationalism before we begin to see any change in attitudes in Scotland. Rangers has become everyone’s enemy for reasons well beyond the football pitch. In fact, football is really the least of it. To see Rangers fans acting as advocates for the SNP is sickening.