Graeme Shinnie

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

He is weighing up his options, one of which might be Luton Town ...

... aye right. In saying that, his life and that of his family might be hell if he indeed choses to come to us.

Imagine the chance to play for Steven Gerrard and a title-chasing big team or getting perhaps 2k a week more at mighty Luton ...

Given the situation, anything other than concrete news on Shinnie can be disregarded.

If he was fully intending on signing for Rangers or not, the latest speculation could apply.

It could be seen as his agent engaging in a bit of speculative deflection to mitigate any heat from suspicious sheep, then again it might not be.

Bit like Brexit, only worth tuning in once it's done.

I for one would be absolutely delighted if he were to end up at Luton.

We have for far too often taken players from mediocre Scottish clubs, given them an almighty pay rise, only for them to be just as inconsistent as they were at their previous clubs when it didnt matter that much if they only had 2 good games out of 5. Having already committed to the bang average Jones from Killie, the completely bang average Shinnie is a player we can absolutely do without. Players signed from Scottish clubs seem to go missing when big games come along, producing mostly below par performances when we need it most, and to me that shows a lack of a winners bottle and mentality. 

There is no value in the Scottish game, tell me the last player we signed from a Scottish Club that greatly improved our quality? I cant think of any since we got back into the top flight. (may well be forgetting one or two, but none are coming into my mind automatically!) From our current squad signed from other Scottish clubs would be the likes of Kamara, Jack, and in recent seasons would include the likes of Black (shivers!)

9 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Note that the Daily Express link is blocked by my anti-virus protection, so don`t clikck on it for it doesn`t say anything more, I would assume:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4019257/graeme-shinnie-rangers-aberdeen-luton-town/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

He is weighing up his options, one of which might be Luton Town ...

... aye right. In saying that, his life and that of his family might be hell if he indeed choses to come to us.

Imagine the chance to play for Steven Gerrard and a title-chasing big team or getting perhaps 2k a week more at mighty Luton ...

It's lazy reporting - they are more than likely suggesting Luton are interested in him solely because his brother Andrew (ex Gers youth) plays for luton.

24 minutes ago, craig said:

It's lazy reporting - they are more than likely suggesting Luton are interested in him solely because his brother Andrew (ex Gers youth) plays for luton.

Curve ball springs to mind.

I must be missing this Shinnie who plays left back. Is that his brother? The Aberdeen Shinnie is a combative central midfielder, somebody who might not let opponents bully and take the push the way our current midfielders do. We need leaders. I would take Shinnie, McKenna & Ferguson from the sheep. The fact Shinnie hasn’t announced who he’s signing for yet, only fuels rumours he has agreed a pre contract with us. But we’ll see.

1 hour ago, 917 said:

I must be missing this Shinnie who plays left back. Is that his brother? The Aberdeen Shinnie is a combative central midfielder, somebody who might not let opponents bully and take the push the way our current midfielders do. We need leaders. I would take Shinnie, McKenna & Ferguson from the sheep. The fact Shinnie hasn’t announced who he’s signing for yet, only fuels rumours he has agreed a pre contract with us. But we’ll see.

Graeme Shinnie played LB for Inverness b4 he signed for Aberdeen.

He initially played LB for Aberdeen b4 being moved into MF.

He allegedly wants to play LB

Edited by RANGERRAB

14 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I for one would be absolutely delighted if he were to end up at Luton.

We have for far too often taken players from mediocre Scottish clubs, given them an almighty pay rise, only for them to be just as inconsistent as they were at their previous clubs when it didnt matter that much if they only had 2 good games out of 5. Having already committed to the bang average Jones from Killie, the completely bang average Shinnie is a player we can absolutely do without. Players signed from Scottish clubs seem to go missing when big games come along, producing mostly below par performances when we need it most, and to me that shows a lack of a winners bottle and mentality. 

There is no value in the Scottish game, tell me the last player we signed from a Scottish Club that greatly improved our quality? I cant think of any since we got back into the top flight. (may well be forgetting one or two, but none are coming into my mind automatically!) From our current squad signed from other Scottish clubs would be the likes of Kamara, Jack, and in recent seasons would include the likes of Black (shivers!)

Our immediate expectation levels for the type of player we have been able to sign is unreasonably high IMO.

What it ends up doing is draining confidence from players.

In the past we were able to recruit a level of player who had a chance of dealing with the immediate expectation, now we can't and have to hope we get lucky.

We need to give players a chance to develop and grow into the jersey.

It's all very well saying we haven't time but when you don't have the level of finance you don't really have a choice, unless you take the high stakes 'all-in' bet with associated risks.

4 hours ago, buster. said:

Our immediate expectation levels for the type of player we have been able to sign is unreasonably high IMO.

What it ends up doing is draining confidence from players.

In the past we were able to recruit a level of player who had a chance of dealing with the immediate expectation, now we can't and have to hope we get lucky.

We need to give players a chance to develop and grow into the jersey.

It's all very well saying we haven't time but when you don't have the level of finance you don't really have a choice, unless you take the high stakes 'all-in' bet with associated risks.

I'm all for giving our own youth players or young players brought in every chance to develop and grow into the jersey. Experienced professionals who come in from other Scottish clubs shouldn't need much. Someone like Shinnie who has been at Dolly for a while and has looked a bang average plodder in a very inconsistent (apart from v us) team isn't someone I would expect to see much improvement from, hence the reason I would rather take a pass on him in favour of a McCrorie, or another youth player getting a chance, or bringing in an experienced player who fits the criteria that SG & MA have laid out for incoming players, which surely will not be a match for Shinnie.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I'm all for giving our own youth players or young players brought in every chance to develop and grow into the jersey. Experienced professionals who come in from other Scottish clubs shouldn't need much. Someone like Shinnie who has been at Dolly for a while and has looked a bang average plodder in a very inconsistent (apart from v us) team isn't someone I would expect to see much improvement from, hence the reason I would rather take a pass on him in favour of a McCrorie, or another youth player getting a chance, or bringing in an experienced player who fits the criteria that SG & MA have laid out for incoming players, which surely will not be a match for Shinnie.

Correct time to give the youngsters a chance.