A call for Rangers supporters to unite against BBC Scotland bias

12 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Organised by VB, I’m out.

It's pathetic but if it's really what you base your views on then I'm sure no one will miss you.

Edited by Bill

There seems to be a sad and widespread misunderstanding on here of Vanguardbears and the efforts they have made over recent years but that's no excuse for the active attempts to belittle and undermine their activities when directed at the likes of the BBC. Frankly, it shows a level of prejudice and ignorance that the Green Brigade would be proud of. 

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

There seems to be a sad and widespread misunderstanding on here of Vanguardbears and the efforts they have made over recent years but that's no excuse for the active attempts to belittle and undermine their activities when directed at the likes of the BBC. Frankly, it shows a level of prejudice and ignorance that the Green Brigade would be proud of. 

This feels like the type of occasion where fan groups should be getting behind each other. For the common good.

40 minutes ago, Bill said:

Agreed. The VBs have been championing the issue of the BBC for well over a decade, before many others felt there were problems.

There may be areas where some of us may disagree with the VBs on, but they're the ones who have got off their backsides to organise this and deserve our full support on an issue that we surely all agree on.

5 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Let's not go down the road of arguing between each other.  If you don't want to go then fine, but I doubt the rest of us care too much about your reasons why.

VB may or may not be organising it but I'd hope the protest will have a lot of backing and I know I'll try to attend again.  The last one or two I went to were fairly well organised and there was no objectionable behaviour that I recall.

I assume that 2nd sentence was aimed at me? I was asked a question and answered it.

Just now, BEARGER said:

I assume that 2nd sentence was aimed at me? I was asked a question and answered it.

It's aimed at anyone who doesn't want to go.  Now, please stand down and let the rest of us discuss the issue at hand.

There have been protests like this before, by Rangers fans and other groups (the SNP, pro-Brexit supporters, anti-Brexit..) in even greater numbers. They get very little publicity, and possibly even harm their own cause as it makes them look like nutcases. A few years ago I’d have went on this, but now I feel it would be pointless at best, and possibly even counter productive. Good luck to those who do go though.