A call for Rangers supporters to unite against BBC Scotland bias

It seems to me there's a personal decision to be made here, one that forces everyone who could attend to choose between action or apathy, to take a step beyond their keyboard or leave the stage to those with greater commitment. 

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

As this thread has gone off topic I assume I’m allowed back on to ask a question, what is the “National Anti Sectarianism Group” ? Who is involved, runs it and financies it? I have looked at the petition and also googled, cannot find anything about this organisation  NASG.

2 hours ago, 917 said:

This is a better tactic, as a few thousand signatures will generate wider media coverage & leave Dornan’s position on this committee untenable.

I think all tactics that apply pressure back in the other direction are good tactics and all should be supported by genuine Rangers fans. For my part, I wish VB was also organising a protest outside Holyrood so that we could voice our objection to a parliament that has long refused to represent us.

IRASNP.jpg

5 hours ago, 917 said:

There have been protests like this before, by Rangers fans and other groups (the SNP, pro-Brexit supporters, anti-Brexit..) in even greater numbers. They get very little publicity, and possibly even harm their own cause as it makes them look like nutcases. A few years ago I’d have went on this, but now I feel it would be pointless at best, and possibly even counter productive. Good luck to those who do go though.

Agree. If successful will not get reported but one indiscretion will be over egged and Rangers FC portrayed as inciting fans. 1872 are given some coverage nowadays so any efforts would be better through them and with the club’s support. Everyone is frustrated so cool heads essential n

8 hours ago, Frankie said:

Let's not go down the road of arguing between each other.  If you don't want to go then fine, but I doubt the rest of us care too much about your reasons why.

VB may or may not be organising it but I'd hope the protest will have a lot of backing and I know I'll try to attend I've again.  The last one or two I went to were fairly well organised and there was no objectionable behaviour that I recall.

I've never attended a demonstration for anything else but this is something I'm bothered enough about to act upon.  What concerns me is that I'm seen with people in balaclavas, or banners that have messages about other stuff.  I'm just looking to you guys for insights based on your experience.

If I have confidence that this is a focused and peaceful demo, I'll go.  Anyone know if this is likely?

4 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

What concerns me is that I'm seen with people in balaclavas, or banners that have messages about other stuff. 

I think you're confusing this with UBs marches and other things of that nature.  It will be focused on us getting fair coverage from the BBC and there'll be no balaclavas or bigotry (although, obviously, I doubt anyone can 100% guarantee that).

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I've never attended a demonstration for anything else but this is something I'm bothered enough about to act upon.  What concerns me is that I'm seen with people in balaclavas, or banners that have messages about other stuff.  I'm just looking to you guys for insights based on your experience.

If I have confidence that this is a focused and peaceful demo, I'll go.  Anyone know if this is likely?

If you can point to one instance of balaclavas at a VB event I’ll be very surprised. I think you’re confusing them with other groups.