Petition To Get James Dornan Removed From Anti Sectarian Group

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

YOU are missing the point Bill.  As a support we should be rallying together to fight against people like Dornan, the BBC, etc, but that is only ever diminished with an opening statement that insults a forum.  It's stupid and self-defeating, and only further reinforces my view that we are unable to unite in the same way the 'other mob' is.  We will continually find reasons to divide our support and ostracise them because of their political and religious beliefs.  It's crazy and frustrating.  I wish we could all see that.

I am happy to support anyone who takes aim at our detractors, but not those who insult or divide our support.  Unfortunately we have too many of them.

The barb was intended gaffer

I was fully aware that the length of the post could put some off

There’s nothing like a bit of anger to grab someone’s attention, indignation, in my experience, always arouses a level of interest.

i agree with you re: our fan base

A petition, whatever it’s intention, aimed at someone like James Dornan, is a worthy endeavour everyday of the week imo

the reaction of some didn’t offend me in any way, like yourself, I merely shook my head & thought, not for the first time, that some people just don’t get the point

Better to put aside petty differences &, if you have the club at heart, be a bit more open to others & their actions, groups like the VB & the UB or whoever have good intentions, back them, focus on the enemy instead of our own

I’ll send no apologies to the “many” I spoke of, anyone who chooses to focus on such a narrow minded aspect of anything rarely interests me, I’m sure there’s many of your members who’s opinion would interest me, I, unlike some, would respect all opinions, whether I had zero respect for the authors of the opinion or not.

What’s said is said.

I won’t dwell on it.

There’s far more important issues to be addressed.

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

YOU are missing the point Bill.  As a support we should be rallying together to fight against people like Dornan, the BBC, etc, but that is only ever diminished with an opening statement that insults a forum.  It's stupid and self-defeating, and only further reinforces my view that we are unable to unite in the same way the 'other mob' is.  We will continually find reasons to divide our support and ostracise them because of their political and religious beliefs.  It's crazy and frustrating.  I wish we could all see that.

I am happy to support anyone who takes aim at our detractors, but not those who insult or divide our support.  Unfortunately we have too many of them.

No but perhaps I missed your point. Don't you think you're being a bit too precious about this. I wasn't offended at all and I doubt if the support is "divided" by his remarks. If you're really so thin-skinned about someone's comment about a website to the extent you let it get in the way of a serious issue like Dornan, maybe you need to get out more.

3 hours ago, Charles Kiniev said:

I’m not a member of this “forum”.

I’m glad this is so, tbh, having read through this thread, I have absolutely no doubts at all that many of the contributors would bore me to death

Sorry to bore you again but you’re right. Dornan needs to be confronted and rebutted at all times. More power to your elbow but, metaphorically speaking, as you draw back the bowstring just make sure the arrow’s pointing at a real target.

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

No but perhaps I missed your point. Don't you think you're being a bit too precious about this. I wasn't offended at all and I doubt if the support is "divided" by his remarks. If you're really so thin-skinned about someone's comment about a website to the extent you let it get in the way of a serious issue like Dornan, maybe you need to get out more.

I see you're rolling out your old and trusted sensitive or thin-skinned line again Bill.  Words matter, otherwise you wouldn't have an issue with the BBC or Dornan or Humza, etc.  The words don't offend me, or hurt me, or anything like that, but they do disappoint in that they are an effective means of dividing.  To be fair though, you've been quite effective at that yourself on here.  I don't know if you understand this, or care, or if you say it for attention.  Either way, i don't suppose there's any point in us continuing down this route.  I'm sure you'll continue to do what you do regardless, as will I.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Sorry to bore you again but you’re right. Dornan needs to be confronted and rebutted at all times. More power to your elbow but, metaphorically speaking, as you draw back the bowstring just make sure the arrow’s pointing at a real target.

The petition, as I said, is largely irrelevant.

Its still being signed, it will continue to be so as it’s reposted when the time is right or when any others wish to do so, which happens regularly, the numbers who sign are only really important to show others the depth of opinion against the man in question.

Im not going to send it to anyone or present it to someone & expect them to take any real action.

The point of the entire exercise was to raise awareness of the MSP & his intentions, the exercise was successful & continues to be so ...

The arrow hit its intended target in exactly the way it was designed to do.

It still is as we speak.

Im well content my friend.

2 minutes ago, Charles Kiniev said:

The point of the entire exercise was to raise awareness of the MSP & his intentions, the exercise was successful & continues to be so ...

I commend you on your actions. Until Dornan becomes an irrelevance, we have to keep pointing out his hypocrisy and his obvious agenda (and that of his entire party).

There's a long way to go...

7 hours ago, Bill said:

Absolutely not Bill.

Ill talk to Rangers fans everyday of the week about anything, whether I agree with their opinions or not, in fact, I love to hear an opposing opinion.

If the VB hadn’t been so unfairly treated by certain individuals, I would not have bothered to post on this matter, there would have been no need, by discussing the matter, whether you were in favour of it or not, the forum members were contributing & adding to the debate.

They still are, it’s still being discussed, I’m glad to see it, it’s an issue that is worthy of discussion.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I commend you on your actions. Until Dornan becomes an irrelevance, we have to keep pointing out his hypocrisy and his obvious agenda (and that of his entire party).

There's a long way to go...

Indeed

And it is my intention to do so m8

As loudly & often as I can manage

8 minutes ago, Charles Kiniev said:

Absolutely not Bill.

Ill talk to Rangers fans everyday of the week about anything, whether I agree with their opinions or not, in fact, I love to hear an opposing opinion.

If the VB hadn’t been so unfairly treated by certain individuals, I would not have bothered to post on this matter, there would have been no need, by discussing the matter, whether you were in favour of it or not, the forum members were contributing & adding to the debate.

They still are, it’s still being discussed, I’m glad to see it, it’s an issue that is worthy of discussion.

There are a few in these parts who could learn a lot from the consistency and clarity of purpose that’s long been a hallmark of Vanguardbears, instead of spouting bollocks about VB “attacking Rangers fans”. I suppose there are always a few emotional souls who travel more slowly towards the truth though. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

There are a few in these parts who could learn a lot from the consistency and clarity of purpose that’s long been a hallmark of Vanguardbears, instead of spouting bollocks about VB “attacking Rangers fans”. I suppose there are always a few emotional souls who travel more slowly towards the truth though. 

?