Petition To Get James Dornan Removed From Anti Sectarian Group

Accusing folk of being boring and hardly worthy of your attention but doing it in such a long winded post doesn’t reflect clarity of purpose but it sure does show a fine sense of irony.  

We now are lead to believe he knew the petition was useless except to stimulate debate amongst fellow Bears. 

If you feck something up it’s usually better to hold your hands up, identify the error and either fix it or learn for next time rather than attack your target audience. 

Its a pity because a petition handled properly was a good idea. James Dornan is one of the last people who should be sitting on a panel of elected MSPs trying to eradicate sectarianism. Apart from anything else he’s thick and not competent to do the job, in fact I’d question his competence to do any serious job. 

I hope Charles Kiniev stays on the forum.  I think his motives were right, but just applied poorly.  I've had a go at him, but on reflection I have to show some appreciation for someone who made an attempt to do something about Dornan, etc.

Hang around Charles.  Express your views.  We all learn here on Gersnet and need all sorts of members, views, and opinions.

Good post, Gaffer.  I agree with Charles' intention wholeheartedly but when he drew his arrow on Gersnet (nicking Scott7's analogy), he elbowed some fellow Bears, unnecessarily.   

We can surmount that though.

19 hours ago, Charles Kiniev said:

The barb was intended gaffer

I was fully aware that the length of the post could put some off

There’s nothing like a bit of anger to grab someone’s attention, indignation, in my experience, always arouses a level of interest.

i agree with you re: our fan base

A petition, whatever it’s intention, aimed at someone like James Dornan, is a worthy endeavour everyday of the week imo

the reaction of some didn’t offend me in any way, like yourself, I merely shook my head & thought, not for the first time, that some people just don’t get the point

Better to put aside petty differences &, if you have the club at heart, be a bit more open to others & their actions, groups like the VB & the UB or whoever have good intentions, back them, focus on the enemy instead of our own

I’ll send no apologies to the “many” I spoke of, anyone who chooses to focus on such a narrow minded aspect of anything rarely interests me, I’m sure there’s many of your members who’s opinion would interest me, I, unlike some, would respect all opinions, whether I had zero respect for the authors of the opinion or not.

What’s said is said.

I won’t dwell on it.

There’s far more important issues to be addressed.

VB doing what VB are good at.

A lack of respect for anyone who isn't fully on board with what they propose...... and they wonder why many misunderstand them !!

33 minutes ago, buster. said:

VB doing what VB are good at.

A lack of respect for anyone who isn't fully on board with what they propose...... and they wonder why many misunderstand them !!

I don’t know anybody in the VB & im not a member of the VB

The closest I’ve ever been to the VB is to follow their twitter page

This is why I posted a reply to this thread m8

I didn’t really have any great desire to join this conversation beyond feeling that the VB seem to be getting a fair bit of bad press in this thread from some of your forum members re: the petition

The VB will have RT’d the petition in twitter, like a load of other folk have done, where else it’s been posted, who knows bud, all I’m here to say is that it wasn’t the VB’s petition

If you’ve any other issues with the VB, that’s between you & them, but you shouldn’t have any issues between them re: the petition, because it’s nothing to do with the VB, which is the reason why I’m still in your forum

If you’ve got a problem with the petition, send me your problems & I’ll deal with them

?

5 minutes ago, Charles Kiniev said:

I don’t know anybody in the VB & im not a member of the VB

The closest I’ve ever been to the VB is to follow their twitter page

This is why I posted a reply to this thread m8

I didn’t really have any great desire to join this conversation beyond feeling that the VB seem to be getting a fair bit of bad press in this thread from some of your forum members re: the petition

The VB will have RT’d the petition in twitter, like a load of other folk have done, where else it’s been posted, who knows bud, all I’m here to say is that it wasn’t the VB’s petition

If you’ve any other issues with the VB, that’s between you & them, but you shouldn’t have any issues between them re: the petition, because it’s nothing to do with the VB, which is the reason why I’m still in your forum

If you’ve got a problem with the petition, send me your problems & I’ll deal with them

?

I apoligise for the mistaken and lazy assumption that you were in the VB.