Petition To Get James Dornan Removed From Anti Sectarian Group

14 hours ago, Walterbear said:

Accusing folk of being boring and hardly worthy of your attention but doing it in such a long winded post doesn’t reflect clarity of purpose but it sure does show a fine sense of irony.  

We now are lead to believe he knew the petition was useless except to stimulate debate amongst fellow Bears. 

If you feck something up it’s usually better to hold your hands up, identify the error and either fix it or learn for next time rather than attack your target audience. 

Its a pity because a petition handled properly was a good idea. James Dornan is one of the last people who should be sitting on a panel of elected MSPs trying to eradicate sectarianism. Apart from anything else he’s thick and not competent to do the job, in fact I’d question his competence to do any serious job. 

I never actually accused anyone of being boring, I did say I felt that many members in this forum would bore me, I was basically saying I’m quite set in my ways when it comes to what I consume online 

Ive spoken to lots of folk on this subject from many different backgrounds & the vast majority share concern over this group, the MSP & his political party

Ill be extremely frank

This forum is the only place I’ve actually encountered anybody making an issue over the wording or intentions of the petition, everyone else that I’ve either spoken to directly or simply received a tip from or a nod to a potential source of info, has said absolutely nothing about the wording of the petition or has raised any questions as to why the petition was raised in the first place. 

i suppose the several thousand people who signed their name to the petition & contacted me directly to speak could all be guilty of misunderstanding the basic principles behind the petition but, if anybody had a problem with it, I’m afraid to say I’d lean more towards the members of this forum who made such an issue of absolutely nothing at all as being the ones who probably need to reassess their thought processes, not those who saw what was done & simply recognised that the idea itself was worthy of consideration & support.

As I said previously, I’ll be here till tomorrow to receive any condemnation or support anyone wishes to give & then I’ll be off, I don’t wish to spoil anyone’s enjoyment of their forum & while I can be very diplomatic, some opinions don’t sit well with me, I wouldn’t last a week on this forum & I don’t intend to sit & pick fights with forum members.

24 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Irish terrorists being freedom fighters but Scottish soldiers doing bad ... looks like a bipolar relation with reality to me. Anyone with  bit of brain would have a field day when arguing with these guys.

BTW, the IRA et al, not least when related to terrorists of old, are a proscribed organisation in Britain. You do wonder why British law is not executed.

Edited by der Berliner

9 minutes ago, Charles Kiniev said:

I never actually accused anyone of being boring, I did say I felt that many members in this forum would bore me, I was basically saying I’m quite set in my ways when it comes to what I consume online 

Ive spoken to lots of folk on this subject from many different backgrounds & the vast majority share concern over this group, the MSP & his political party

Ill be extremely frank

This forum is the only place I’ve actually encountered anybody making an issue over the wording or intentions of the petition, everyone else that I’ve either spoken to directly or simply received a tip from or a nod to a potential source of info, has said absolutely nothing about the wording of the petition or has raised any questions as to why the petition was raised in the first place. 

i suppose the several thousand people who signed their name to the petition & contacted me directly to speak could all be guilty of misunderstanding the basic principles behind the petition but, if anybody had a problem with it, I’m afraid to say I’d lean more towards the members of this forum who made such an issue of absolutely nothing at all as being the ones who probably need to reassess their thought processes, not those who saw what was done & simply recognised that the idea itself was worthy of consideration & support.

As I said previously, I’ll be here till tomorrow to receive any condemnation or support anyone wishes to give & then I’ll be off, I don’t wish to spoil anyone’s enjoyment of their forum & while I can be very diplomatic, some opinions don’t sit well with me, I wouldn’t last a week on this forum & I don’t intend to sit & pick fights with forum members.

It is, IMHO, more like people swimming in the same direcion, only on a different wave-length. Very common among football supporters, not least those organized in different groups. I would assume no-one on this board will wish anything but a success for this petition.

8 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

It is, IMHO, more like people swimming in the same direcion, only on a different wave-length. Very common among football supporters, not least those organized in different groups. I would assume no-one on this board will wish anything but a success for this petition.

That’s a very accurate description, I’d agree with this.

You will always have some who don’t agree with you, which is perfectly understandable, but where these issues with our club are concerned, better for all to recognise that the guy they may disagree with in a forum or at the pub is not the problem that needs to be addressed.

1 hour ago, Charles Kiniev said:

That’s a very accurate description, I’d agree with this.

You will always have some who don’t agree with you, which is perfectly understandable, but where these issues with our club are concerned, better for all to recognise that the guy they may disagree with in a forum or at the pub is not the problem that needs to be addressed.

Charles, with your petition you’ve got a big choir singing a great anthem but only the choristers are there to listen.

When you reckon you’ve got as many signatures as you’re going to get, email the Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments Committee at the SP, summarise Dornan’s blatant behaviour and tell them you’ve got whatever number of online backing. Issue a press release. Get a decent journo if you can find one to help with the wording because they know what people will read. Keep control of it yourself, though.

Better still, stand in his constituency at the next election. I’d have to move house but I’d vote for you. Anti Maggot Party sounds good.