Union Bears statement

It would be interesting to know the club's reasons for this. Is it a reaction to the Steve Clarke song? Have they asked the UBs to tone down the songs and been ignored and this is the reaction or are there other reasons behind this?

Moving the UBs to BF3 seems a reasonable thing to do.

On the safe standing issue, is it due to cost?

The UBs do need to realise that that the relationship with the club has to be a two way thing and that may mean losing a couple of songs from the repertoire if they want the club to meet them half way. 

Further down the line, imagine a whole Broomloan Road End that was a UB section with safe standing installed !

Would surely capture the imagination of a lot of the younger generations, attract new attending support and create a notable atmosphere.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Would surely capture the imagination of a lot of the younger generations, attract new attending support and create a notable atmosphere.

Agreed.  However, there are many who would rather the stadium was like a library, judging by the (multiple) conversations I have read on this matter.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Agreed.  However, there are many who would rather the stadium was like a library, judging by the (multiple) conversations I have read on this matter.

The club have to think about the future and attracting enough support to fill the stadium.

Many of those who might prefer 'library atmosphere' won't be around for ever.

Bluedell refers to balance and whilst the UB need to respect certain lines in todays environment, the club shouldn't take them for granted and need to cater to what are paying customers.

I think you have to look at the UB and what they want as an opportunity to make something special and have it grow.

At the sametime the club can look to tackle certain issues wiith the songbook together with the UB.

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Fair enough statement but I feel if the UB want backing from the Rangers fans as a whole they need to ditch the ski masks and balaclava during marches/protests. It's sinister and does not help their cause and turns a lot of fans off IMO. 

A valid view, albeit one I don't totally agree with.

They look on themselves as being ultras and therefore there's going to be bits of it that you (and I) don't like. We don't have to like it all. They're not a group that has to be all things to all people.  However where their actions are making headline news and the club are asking for them (albeit not specifically) to cut out specific songs then they should listen if they want co-operation.

4 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Fair enough statement but I feel if the UB want backing from the Rangers fans as a whole they need to ditch the ski masks and balaclava during marches/protests. It's sinister and does not help their cause and turns a lot of fans off IMO. 

Not a good look but you have to consider what the main society driver for this is.

#OverZealousPolisMeidaPoliticalAttentiononFootballFans