Union Bears statement

17 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I thought this was a Rangers forum.  Not mumsnet.

?

No, it's definitely not Mumsnet.

Mumsnet has teeth and balls. Few take on Mumsnet and walk away. Unlike our own shrinking violets parading their sensitivities about UB and VB ?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I rarely go to Holland these days. I often wonder how the Moluccans get on with the Moroccans. 

You don't hear much about the Moluccans these days. All you have to do is watch the Dutch Crimewatch and you will see plenty of East African or light tinted complexions on show. There are Liquidations nearly every day in the criminal circuit as there seems to be a gang war going on. I don't think the Molluccans are involved though. Moroccans Turks and Yugoslavians seem to be the main groups.

In Belgrade I couldn't see anyone's face because of all the smoke bombs and flares.  It was truly invigorating after years of being part of sterile atmospheres in British grounds.

Passion tends to stand up.

The club should engage directly with the UB. Invite them in for a big doo in a marquee on the pitch, let them walk the track from the tunnel after bringing them through the main front doors. Give them special treatment for a day and mix with them, bring a few players in to the event, then have a long Q&A session to talk through the issues. Show the UB they are valued and work closely to get the best out of them whilst getting the songbook message over. 

That at one event would go a long way to keeping things going. The UB are essential to the modern match day experience now and should be encouraged to continue.