Union Bears statement

I wish the UBs would put away the drums and megaphone and just stick to singing songs we've all sung for decades.  But they wind up ScotNats, so I'm always on their side.  

??

Edited by Gonzo79

46 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I wish the UBs would put away the drums and megaphone and just stick to singing songs we've all sung for decades.  But they wind up ScotNats, so I'm always on their side.  

??

Yep. Keep singing about ******s and Bobby Sands. Keep dragging our club through the gutter. As long as it annoys some people who separate football and politics. Way to go!

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

About 1% of all the singing in BF1 contains the words you mention.  If that. 

Although the Bobby Sands reference is wearing a bit thin, so should be dropped.  

Edited by Gonzo79

@Gonzo79, you're funny and there's no doubt about that.  Not so much in a "ha ha" sense, but more in a strange way.  ?  At first I thought you said much of what you do for attention, but the more I read the more I believe that you believe what you write.  What anyone thinks/believes is not "yet" a crime thankfully.  It's useful having you on the forum because you are a reminder of the attitude that a tiny minority of our fans subscribe to, and in that sense you are representative on these chats.  That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned, not that you're interested in my approval or otherwise.

We actually agree on a lot of things.  We are both bears for a start.  I agree that some of our politicians are biased against our club and you think one entire party is.  We both think passion in football is important and I agree 100%.  I think we also probably agree that politicians are meddling too much in football affairs and should keep out.  They have problems in society to sort out, not football.  I suspect we also both agree that free speech should mean just that.  Anyone should be able to express their views, regardless of whether we agree with them or not.  If someone takes offence, that's their problem and not the person saying the 'offensive' thing.

The problem we have however is that we don't make the laws, and until you or I find a way to have our politicians and laws changed, we should abide by them, otherwise we and the club we support will suffer as a result.  That's what's dangerous about the singing of certain songs.  I'd rather they weren't sung at all anyway because in my opinion they are divisive, but I wouldn't make it illegal.  However they are, and if they're sung it is a criminal act.  We don't want or need that publicity associated with our club.  We've got too many other challenges to overcome at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

@Gonzo79, you're funny and there's no doubt about that.  Not so much in a "ha ha" sense, but more in a strange way.   

You've just surpassed the level of comedy that is at the root of this latest sub-dispute :thup: