Union Bears statement

1 minute ago, Walterbear said:

Whole front row of Broomloan or Copland would be ideal.  It would transform the stadium atmosphere. 

Whole front row would mean those behind having to stand it would have to be whole front section,which would mean too big an upheaval for season ticket holders.

2 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Whole front row would mean those behind having to stand it would have to be whole front section,which would mean too big an upheaval for season ticket holders.

Sorry meant section ie bottom half of either stand. Agree upheaval issue but I’d wager you could find lots of folk from around stadium would swap out. Logistically tricky but no more than that with some clever IT. 

Edited by Walterbear

36 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

That can't happen with safe standing.

Yes it can. I was at Dortmund and all my mates who had ordinary seated tickets pushed their way into the safe standing area. The Stewards couldn't deal with the crowd so just let it go. I am sure it was not just our small group that got in.

25 minutes ago, Bill said:

If it had to happen then why not the back few rows of one of the stands?

I don't think the UBs want that, I think they want to be front and centre and easily visible on TV ideally

13 minutes ago, pete said:

I was at Dortmund and all my mates who had ordinary seated tickets pushed their way into the safe standing area. 

Sounds like your mates are a bunch of rascals.

13 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I don't think the UBs want that, I think they want to be front and centre and easily visible on TV ideally

Maybe the UB’s can’t have everything, despite their best efforts to promote themselves as “special” fans. 

I would buy a safe standing ‘seat’ but I wouldn’t be part of UB. It’s not easy to sing and create an atmosphere when you’re surrounded by folk in main stand for example who don’t want to do that. Atmosphere upgrade can only be beneficial to Rangers provided anti social behaviour addressed.