Fans Protest: Bears Against The BBC

17 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

I turned up between 13:35 and 13:40 ( the earliest I could make it ) expecting some people to still be there. When did everyone depart?

No idea.  I was there at just after 1pm and didn't see anyone other than polis and a few bears leaving....

Weather was awful and it should have been cancelled.

3 hours ago, Frankie said:

No idea.  I was there at just after 1pm and didn't see anyone other than polis and a few bears leaving....

Weather was awful and it should have been cancelled.

demo was brought to an end early simply because of the weather, sorry the late arrivals missed it , know of quite a few who turned up a bit too late, the organisers were aware this may have been the case but decided to call it a day for the sake of those who turned up at 12:45 and were soaked through by 1 o'clock.

big thanks to those who made the effort whether on time or not, know not everyone could make it for the KO time, so appologies to those who made it as soon as they could but missed the demo. 

14 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

In future I’d suggest this sort of protest is for Club1872 to organise.

maybe so, but what demos have they organised up to now, some decent statements via supporters voice recently I'll grant them that, but haven't seen any direct action requests from them.

the bbc demo was a direct response to jim traynors interview and his suggestion that fans take action against the bbc.

how many pages does the Pacific quay musings thread have on this site? think that demonstrates the interest in this issue, and tbh my opion is that it really shouldn't matter who organises an event, if you agree with the cause and the demo is lawful and designed to address an issue without bringing any disrepute to rangers or the attendees then it should be supported.

29 minutes ago, gaspard said:

maybe so, but what demos have they organised up to now, some decent statements via supporters voice recently I'll grant them that, but haven't seen any direct action requests from them.

the bbc demo was a direct response to jim traynors interview and his suggestion that fans take action against the bbc.

how many pages does the Pacific quay musings thread have on this site? think that demonstrates the interest in this issue, and tbh my opion is that it really shouldn't matter who organises an event, if you agree with the cause and the demo is lawful and designed to address an issue without bringing any disrepute to rangers or the attendees then it should be supported.

Cheers mate.

I agree with the spirit of your comments. However, I reckon a lot of supporters who would potentially turn up are slightly put off by some of the perceived baggage that the VB or UB for example, have; rightly or wrongly. Club1872 maybe aren't the vehicle that some of us thought it could be, but I would envisage that some of our less politically motivated supporters would feel more inclined to support something en masse that they put their name to.

Something for our supporter chiefs to chew over?

A big protest akin to the Main Stand/Easdale/Sommers one in Jan '15 would send a message to the BBC in London never mind Glasgow.

Edited by Soulsonic5791