Club statement today

25 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Do you know it's 2019 not 1979?

We have fans who just don’t care what damage they cause the club, it’s all about them and their agarnda.

26 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Do you know it's 2019 not 1979?

I never know if Gonzo believes it, or just says a lot of it for effect.  Either way, just ignore it.

As for th statement, I'm happy we are doing this as a club.  The directors, management, staff, players, and the majority of the support are embarrassed by the behaviour of a mintority of our fans, and I think it will take a further generation or two before it's eliminated.

4 minutes ago, Thinker said:

This argument gets repeated over and over by those who don't want to change, but it's clearly a weak one.

These songs play into our enemies hands - they give them a plausible reason to punish us that an average member of the public would support. Can you think of an example of" something they'll else about us to get offended about" that would seem reasonable to the outside world?

You could also argue that anyone with testicular fortitude would take personal responsibility for what they sing, rather than hide in a crowd and have the club and wider support share the punishment for their actions. If you feel strongly about your right to sing these songs, go stand outside Holyrood and give it laldy.

Take a bow sir. Brilliant post 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

16 minutes ago, Thinker said:

If you feel strongly about your right to sing these songs, go stand outside Holyrood and give it laldy.

I'll do that if you remonstrate with fans singing songs you disapprove of at matches.

Deal?

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'd just like all the overly sensitive old grannies to go back and do what they did before and leave the glorious tribalism of football rivalry alone.

Even if Rangers fans ditch the more questionable songs, the Nats, the BBC and all that lot will only find something else about us to get offended about. Testicular fortitude is required - subservient lickspittles less so.

No Surrender. 

Or perhaps we set our own standards without reference to other organisations? 

Yes, people will always come after us, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't ditch stuff that's been single in the past. We should be deciding what's suitable and what's not. 

Stuff like Tiffany, when I was Young etc is unacceptable and to accuse people of being lickspittles for thinking that just doesn't stand up. 

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'll do that if you remonstrate with fans singing songs you disapprove of at matches.

Deal?

Do you openly embrace confrontation ffs? It's not up to fans to challenge other fans regarding inappropriate singing. That will only lead to trouble and violence IMO. Or is that what you want to prove this particular point? The fans should follow the club's lead and take personel responsibility and stop damaging the club they profess to love

9 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Stuff like Tiffany, when I was Young etc is unacceptable

These sorts of songs are juvenile, I agree.

Ditch them and they'll say Derry's Walls is sectarian and Rule Britannia is 'Far Right'.  Give them an inch and all that.  Who gets decide which Rangers fans have a say on what is and isn't offensive?  

Good luck getting future generations along to watch us play Hamilton and Livingston on plastic pitches when we become just a football club, like some would like to see.

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

These sorts of songs are juvenile, I agree.

Ditch them and they'll say Derry's Walls is sectarian and Rule Britannia is 'Far Right'.  Give them an inch and all that.  Who gets decide which Rangers fans have a say on what is and isn't offensive?  

Good luck getting future generations along to watch us play Hamilton and Livingston on plastic pitches when we become just a football club, like some would like to see.

I think it's sad that you almost use this define Rangers as being not just a football club.