Brendan Rodgers ready to 'launch bid' for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos

Just now, JFK-1 said:

It's a bit puzzling why he would sign a 4 year contract if all along he was looking to leave less than a year later.

It isn't remotely puzzling unless you think a footballer would turn down a pay increase.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

It isn't remotely puzzling unless you think a footballer would turn down a pay increase.

I would if I thought it would make my imminent exit considerably more profitable for me.

6 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Gerry Collins values Morelos at £10m on Rocksport radio just now

Nice name.....His valuation is unsurprising. It’s £20m to start with £25m the suggested offer. I’m quite sure there will be plenty who will try and get us short changed. I hope they all shite pineapples!

I think Morelos and his agent wil be aiming a lot higher than Leicester.
It smells more like Brenda is giving his pal Liewell a hand out to mess with Alfie's head. We'd be hard pressed to challenge them without Alfredo.
However, £25M could buy us a real good midfielder and a different type of centre/goalscorer.

4 hours ago, barca72 said:

I think Morelos and his agent wil be aiming a lot higher than Leicester.
It smells more like Brenda is giving his pal Liewell a hand out to mess with Alfie's head. We'd be hard pressed to challenge them without Alfredo.
However, £25M could buy us a real good midfielder and a different type of centre/goalscorer.

Even if we had 25 million we won't be spending it on 2 players. The most we would spend would be about 10 million between those 2 positions. 

44 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Even if we had 25 million we won't be spending it on 2 players. The most we would spend would be about 10 million between those 2 positions. 

Probably but Morelos aside a couple of £5 million additions would ease us further ahead of the sheep etc of this league while giving us another nudge towards 55. And a million or so on another good young prospect would be nice.