Rangers close to signing Motherwell starlet Jake Hastie on pre-contract

5 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Great signing but wonder where that leaves Middleton and Kent. We'll have plenty of left footers but only Candeias as predominantly right.

I see him more as a forward player than middleton or kent,  from what I've seen of him at Motherwell he's playing through the middle a lot and looks great taking players on and having a shot.

He is a player Rangers have been interested in for some time, there was talk of attempting to sign him as a kid on more than one occasion. I'm not sure if it was followed up and declined or put on the back burner.

23 hours ago, elfideldo said:

He is a player Rangers have been interested in for some time, there was talk of attempting to sign him as a kid on more than one occasion. I'm not sure if it was followed up and declined or put on the back burner.

I remember his dad saying both Rangers and Celtic tried to sign him years ago. Rangers went through the proper channels but he said Celtic didn't and they assumed as he was a Celtic fan they would jump at the chance. Both offers were declined but mainly as they wanted to be closer to where they stay and Jake had more chance of first team football.