[FT] Hibernian 1 - 1 Rangers (Candeias 43)

6 hours ago, Walterbear said:

First 45 minutes we were brilliant and even breathtaking. Seen a lot of negativity but keep putting pieces in the jigsaw and we’re absolutely going in the right direction under SG. 

Agree about the first half. As good a performance as I’ve seen on telly in years. Arfield was like an old fashioned inside forward driving forward. Last ditch defending from Hibs but in fairness the defenders got into the ditch and did their job. More two man blocks, sometimes three of them, in 45 minutes than I’ve seen from Rangers defenders in umpteen seasons

Half time broke the momentum with the goal coming so close to it the team maybe thought the job was done.

Kamara excellent from start to finish. Aberdeen will have a plan to stop him. Yellow card worth the risk.

Hibs’ McGregor and Gray should have been off. Normally they are good journeymen defenders but both were demented last night. 

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

In this day and age it’s a free kick but I can’t get very upset about this because it should have been irrelevant. Also the ref was actually quite consistent in not giving these kind of fouls when the player goes down easily. 

The dark man of Hibs clearl fouls Tav there, just see the movement of his leg. Tav usually doesn't go down easily too. I only saw the SPFL Highlights due to some working commitment, but given the chances we had, we should have been out of sight. Problem is, as has been pointed out, that we don't have enough scoring people. Yesterday I saw the line-up and thought: "hope we do Plan A better". Well, we didn't "do Plan A better" (remember the furore back then) again and at the end of the day, the bucket stops with the manager. We seemingly totally destroyed them first half, but did not score. If Arfield and/or Morelos aren't scoring, it should be early time for Defoe and Lafferty (who must be utterly perplexed by now, as these rough & tumble games are his bred and butter). What Arfield does is well within the capabilities of Defoe. Likewise, we could just as easily start games as a 4-4-2 and switch to the 4-3-3 if teams open up a little.

We see that for weeks now and as it stands, this is fast becoming another season of missed chances, no matter how horrific the refs have been.

Notwithstanding the obvious refereeing howlers, we once again do the same things and expect a different result.

I've said it now 7 or 8 times this season ...... crossing from wide and/or deep positions DOES NOT work.  It will occasionally result in chances or goals if the cross is perfect but that's rare.  The cross needs to be a cut back from the edge of the 18 yard line (near the goal line).  In the attacking third, when we have someone wide, there is no one that runs into that space to receive it and cut it back. WHY?  What is our game plan, because I don't understand it.  If you watch our better performances against Celtic, Aberdeen, etc, we have created our chances and goals from an inside forward cutting it back to an on rushing player or by drilling it across to Morelos.

I'm so frustrated watching us at the moment because this is easy to fix.  Why is the coaching team allowing the same 20+ deep/wide crosses each game and not changing it?  We play some lovely football, and it can be a pleasure to watch, only for it to be wasted with this repetitive approach to deliveries into the box.  All teams now know what to do.  They put a player in front of Morelos and one behind him to reduce his chances of getting on the end of the cross, because they know that's what's coming.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this SG because we are so close to being title contenders, but it's this one single issue that is costing us points.  I know nothing about the game compared to the coaching team so I just don't know why they don't change it.  There must be a plan, but I have no clue what it is.

I'm still furious.

We've never been as good as we are now -- since the journey -- and I firmly believe if we were more clinical and stopped these stupid periods of complacency, then we'd be top. 

The number of stupid points this team has dropped is criminal. 

We are in need of more attacking options. 

Once again, when it finally looks like we've cut a decent gap between ourselves and the rest of the pack, we let them back in. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

I'm still furious.

We've never been as good as we are now -- since the journey -- and I firmly believe if we were more clinical and stopped these stupid periods of complacency, then we'd be top. 

The number of stupid points this team has dropped is criminal. 

We are in need of more attacking options. 

Once again, when it finally looks like we've cut a decent gap between ourselves and the rest of the pack, we let them back in. 

I'd welcome Aberdeen getting three points closer today.

Steven Gerrard watched his Rangers side spurn a lead to draw at Hibernian then conceded his Scottish Premiership side are "not in a title race because of nights like tonight".

He get's it like we all do and is presumably forming plans to rectify that for next season. A favourable result today could change it somewhat but this deficiency will still exist.

6 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Nobody believed we would win the title this season but we are getting closer.

How much closer? After 29 games we are 1 point better off than at the same stage last season. The season we had Caixinha and Murty, it’s pretty humiliating.