Alfredo Morelos Signs New Contract

Fantastic news, this means we can expect to receive a much bigger transfer fee in the summer when he is sold. Any lingering doubts that he may stay another season has probably gone now. Hopefully he gets to win something before he goes, apart from the golden boot.

I'm assuming this is to tighten up aspects of the contract in our favour, and to keep him focussed for the final few months of his Rangers career.  If they've inserted a release clause, it gives him the confidence that he will be able to make his ideal move to the EPL when a suitable offer arrives.  Seems like good business.  He is an amazing player and I'd expect him to go all the way in the game if he keeps progressing like this.

I reckon the club may have offered Morelos a competitive financial package that is aimed at trying to keep him at Ibrox for another season, so as to help win the title back.

You take Alfredo out of our team and there is a massive hole to fill.

Dedicating some of the budget towards the Columbian would make sense.

Obviously if silly money is offered and turns Alfredo's head, he may still be off but I think SG&Co want to keep him for an all-out attempt at the league.

Even if offered him another £10k per week, thats an additional half million investment for another year of Alfy tearing it up... seems like a good piece of business to me, especially if the suggested release clause is included.

You have to suspect this means he will be staying for at least one more season but it also means we could now profitably hold on to him for at least another two seasons. Good business and I suspect Gerrard is the prime mover in this attempt to keep him.