Si Ferry Meets... David Templeton

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

Been listening to this and he admits early on that he grew up as a Celtic supporter.  Albeit he says he wasn't a massive one,

This was common knowledge.

He loved playing for Rangers though and you can tell when he talks about his time with the club.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Just now, Waltersgotstyle said:

This was common knowledge.

He loved playing for Rangers though and you can tell when he talks about his time with the club.

Fair enough.  I haven't heard the full section where he is talking about his time with us but generally i thought he comes across reasonably well but quite understated - but that has been the same for when he talked about playing at Stenny, Raith and Hearts too - I didn't pick up any particular enthusiasm but it seems he didn't hesitate to move to us when Hearts forced him out.

2 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Fair enough.  I haven't heard the full section where he is talking about his time with us but generally i thought he comes across reasonably well but quite understated - but that has been the same for when he talked about playing at Stenny, Raith and Hearts too - I didn't pick up any particular enthusiasm but it seems he didn't hesitate to move to us when Hearts forced him out.

The wee man knew how lucky he was and bought into the idea of being a Rangers player (I remember him posting a picture of his Rangers birthday cake) - but injuries coupled with the expectations of the fans were too much for him.

Him and Dean Shiels were the only players worth the admission fee at Ibrox in Division 3. Capable of doing something spectacular in any game. Same with Nicky Law when we were in League 1.

19 minutes ago, 917 said:

Him and Dean Shiels were the only players worth the admission fee at Ibrox in Division 3. Capable of doing something spectacular in any game. Same with Nicky Law when we were in League 1.

Agreed these players would not make the squad now but they gave us what we needed at as we progressed on the"journey".