Rangers and Aberdeen will play each other for the sixth time this season when they meet in their Scottish Cup quarter-final replay on Tuesday.

However, it will be only the second time they have played at Ibrox, with Aberdeen winning 1-0 in their Scottish Premiership meeting there in December.

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard said: "Any game against Aberdeen is always huge. The message from me is forget the semi-final. We have a big, tough challenge smacking us in the face and we need to go and perform at a level that is capable of getting us the right result.

"I think it would be very naive of the players to think about Hampden. We have a job to do at Ibrox first and foremost."

Aberdeen have won two of their encounters against Rangers this season, but manager Derek McInnes does not think those other fixtures will have a bearing on Tuesday's game.

He said: "We won there the year before last as well. We went down there after the split and won a game that helped us get second spot again and we've had some decent results against Rangers this season, but I don't think it counts for much what's happened previously.

"The perception for maybe being seen to be more equipped or more resilient to deal with games in Glasgow from the press there may be something in that, but we've always felt we can take on teams home and away. I think each game's different and what's happened in the past I don't think has much bearing on tomorrow night."

Team news

Rangers will be without Gareth McAuley as he continues to recover from a hamstring problem but Borna Barisic is available having had an illness.

Aberdeen's top scorer Sam Cosgrove, who has 18 goals for the season, is suspended. Gary Mackay-Steven and Niall McGinn will be assessed ahead of the game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/rangers-vs-aberdeen/406406

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers 0 - 0 Aberdeen
  • Frankie changed the title to Rangers 0 - 1 Aberdeen
1 minute ago, pete said:

BBC commentary broken down.:facepalm:

Just now, Franc Ergs said:

Still working ok for me.

Yeh it was at my end. Satellite dish jumped on to timer for some reason.