6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I’m referring to Kent, Arfield and Candeias (4-2-3-1)

I understand that but Kent and Candeias arent playing as midfielders in that set up. They start wide and stay wide. if they were playing in the way you seem to be suggesting they should then they would be much tighter to Arfield breaking out to the wings. We'd get far more quality crosses into the box and they also contribute more goals too. We play with one AM and two wingers.

Edited by Big Jaws

Sloppy first goal and unlucky with shot that hit post.

Referee only had one colour of card(yellow) and he must have worn it out booking Sheep players--8.

May should have walked for that off ball tackle but he didn't and incompetent ref should have given him a second yellow for kicking ball away.

The 21 fouls by sheep fair broke play up.

On Saturday Kent should be dropped as he covers plenty ground in his inside runs with no end result.Barasic proved that Halliday is better at left back,Worral had to do job of two men.

Goldson was wasteful in taking too long to pass ball.

Changes needed for Saturday.

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

I understand that but Kent and Candeias arent playing as midfielders in that set up. They start wide and stay wide. if they were playing in the way you seem to be suggesting they should then they would be much tighter breaking out to the wings. We'd get far more quality crosses into the box and they also contribute more goals too. We play with one AM and two wingers.

That is why i would play McCrorie so that Kamara and a second attacking midfielder can move into a more attacking roll.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

That is why i would play McCrorie so that Kamara and a second attacking midfielder can move into a more attacking roll.

McCrorie might have been a better option than Jack at the moment, I feel Jack is carrying a knock, but thats not the type of player that Kamara is Pete he's a sitting mid. Both Kamara and Jack together are the types of players you want when you play in Europe or against Celtic but not against Aberdeen, Hibs or Kilmarnock at home mate. At home you'll have 60% of the ball in attacking positions and two sitting mids in those games is one too many. We dont seem to be able to play with our wide men narrow sitting inside their full backs in the channel.

Edited by Big Jaws

6 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

I understand that but Kent and Candeias arent playing as midfielders in that set up. They start wide and stay wide. if they were playing in the way you seem to be suggesting they should then they would be much tighter to Arfield breaking out to the wings. We'd get far more quality crosses into the box and they also contribute more goals too. We play with one AM and two wingers.

Hmm, I wouldn’t say Kent stays wide at all he drifts all over. It’s a matter of definition, I count them as AMs because they have minimal defensive duties and are considered as part of a front 3 by most. In any case, with two holding midfielders a big part of their responsibility is scoring and creating and they very often don’t do it when they are up against half decent opposition. 

Just seen the Morelos booking back on tv as couldn’t tell from my seat at the game at the other end. 

Confirmed my suspicion, sheep pulls back AM, who goes to ground. Stonewall penalty. If your a cheat you might say not enough contact for a foul them you play on. Only a bitter Rangers hating chunt can give a yellow for diving. 

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Hmm, I wouldn’t say Kent stays wide at all he drifts all over. It’s a matter of definition, I count them as AMs because they have minimal defensive duties and are considered as part of a front 3 by most. In any case, with two holding midfielders a big part of their responsibility is scoring and creating and they very often don’t do it when they are up against half decent opposition. 

I do understand what you are saying. Kent is all over the place and more often than not IMO is in the wrong place to where he should be from the shape the team is supposed to be. Anyway I'm done for the night thats skunnered me.