7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I know you're not saying this per se, but, I don't believe that the 4-3-3 is some mysterious formation that only the best players in the world can play. Moreover, that we can't play it because teams are just defending against us. Teams defend against Man City. It's all about the right execution. 

I agree with all of your comment but the movement and style of the team as a whole can change dramatically based on those two wide players and their movement and quality. It's not just execution it's having the right type of player to play in the system.

And you're right Sterling isn't a brilliant player but Guardiola is a genius in how he uses him, I actually think similar could be done with Kent on the right and Middleton on the left because both have searing pace 

6 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

He congratulated both Shinnie and McLennan for taking cautions for the team. 

This is just clever management, it's part of the game of football and if we'd done more of it we might have had some different results this season.

4 hours ago, BEARGER said:

9 of the 13 outfield players who played tonight were Gerrard signings. He states that we were bullied all over the park, he must take some responsibility for that. 

Not sure why you have to say this when in his post-match interview he stated he takes full responsibility.  You are saying it as if he is trying to absolve himself of blame, he isn't.  His honesty in interviews is refreshing... I just wish the quality of performance was as good as his interviews are candid.

24 minutes ago, DMAA said:

This is just clever management, it's part of the game of football and if we'd done more of it we might have had some different results this season.

One game alone would have resulted in us being 3 points closer to Celtic.  The game at Parkhead, when Jack was fouled but play carried on, was screaming out for someone to take the booking long before they scored.

23 minutes ago, craig said:

His honesty in interviews is refreshing... I just wish the quality of performance was as good as his interviews are candid.

The best thing to hear in that interview was that he was still too angry to talk to the team

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The best thing to hear in that interview was that he was still too angry to talk to the team

The worst thing is that it isn't the first time this season he has had that annoyance.  

That said, he has had two transfer windows and hasn't completed a full season - he now knows how teams will set up against us in future - it is his, and Allen's job, to recruit the players that can unlock those stubborn defences.  Easier said than done - and I think we sometimes need to play a little cuter too..... I still remember us being 0-0 in Manchester against Zenit and Advocaat telling his players to actually give us possession.... making us think we had broken them.... only for Zenit to hit us on the counter when we were attacking - we were, in that run, in essence all SPFL clubs against us i.e. we did to our Euro opponents what SPFL opponents are now doing to us.... and it was only Zenit, and Advocaat's intelligence, which had us come unstuck.

We need to think the game a little more - just battering Aberdeen plays into their hands when they stick so many behind the ball.

1 hour ago, craig said:

Not sure why you have to say this when in his post-match interview he stated he takes full responsibility.  You are saying it as if he is trying to absolve himself of blame, he isn't.  His honesty in interviews is refreshing... I just wish the quality of performance was as good as his interviews are candid.

Just stating a fact as I see it. Have seen the interview.