2 hours ago, DMAA said:

I agree with all of your comment but the movement and style of the team as a whole can change dramatically based on those two wide players and their movement and quality. It's not just execution it's having the right type of player to play in the system.

And you're right Sterling isn't a brilliant player but Guardiola is a genius in how he uses him, I actually think similar could be done with Kent on the right and Middleton on the left because both have searing pace 

We could swap in Sane and Stirling for Kent and Candeias  -- and OK--their individual quality would allow them to beat players and make things happen to a certain extent -- but without an improvement in the tactics, it'll still be sh*te.

I agree the movement [of a Sane and Stirling] from our two would result in better play, but that's little to do with the player, IMO; Guardiola completely controls how those players move, so it's the tactics, not the players per se.

Have you seen Guardiola's grid system? Every player is told where to move and how. 

Anyway--we'll need to agree to disagree. I think we have this debate every couple of weeks!

I would settle for Guardiola as Rangers manager. :D 

We saw about a week ago Aberdeen drew with Celtic by sitting deep and going man to mani in the midfield.  We knew it was likely they would do the same against us.  Equally predictable was the team and shape we played; this would not have been a surprise to McInnes.  Aberdeen were in their comfort zone playing the game they wanted to play.  I think SG should have have started with one or two surprises, such as two up front, a backline of 3 or at least something that would be different from our norm.  Aberdeen would then have to react and possibly we would have more joy as they adapted.  Another issue apparent from last night is how bereft we are off game changers on the subs bench.  Davis and Coulibaly have both been mediocre of late and so far Lafferty and Defoe have been ok but not much more than that.  I think there is plenty for SG to ponder over. 

McInnes has some nerve.

"Concessions" should be made for players involved in extra Scottish Cup matches when applying suspension rules, says Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes. Pittodrie captain Graeme Shinnie will miss his side's Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic after being booked in Tuesday's last-eight replay win over Rangers.

It was Shinnie's second yellow card of the tournament, resulting in an automatic one-match ban. "I'm gutted for him," McInnes said. "We've had two replays and I always feel there should be some sort of concession when you play extra games.

So if it's an 'extra game' his hammer throwers should be allowed to kick their way through it with no repercussions. FULL ARTICLE

Surely Morelos and Defoe can play up front together. Alfredo can upset the defence and Defoe can crack them in. Defoe operates left of centre so that suggests the wide player should be on the right. Can Kent learn to make for the bye-line and cut the ball back instead of haring infield?

The defence shouldn’t be a problem but with Kent wide on the right Tav must learn to defend and the others whether 4 or 3 must learn to concentrate and anticipate attacks as they develop.

So far so good Now the midfield:Kamara defensive, McCrorie the interference but who’s the craftsman to unleash the winger or pass the ball to Defoe in space? I don’t think there’s one on the books

Gerrard seems to have a similar tactical mindset to Warburton. 4-3-3 is the be all and end all.

Unsurprisingly, the success rate is also very similar.  

Edited by Gonzo79

26 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Gerrard seems to have a similar tactical mindset to Warburton. 4-3-3 is the be all and end all.

Unsurprisingly, the success rate is also very similar.  

SG needs to realise playing one up front is fine in Europe or against the yahoos.

In all other domestic games we should have two up front which would mean 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 

The thing now is can the manager put a team out that will beat kilmarnock on Saturday will he stick with the same system and players and I would live to know what exactly is McAllister's input if any or is he just here to keep Steven company.