25 minutes ago, Frankie said:

If Kent isn't on his game then we have nothing as Tav has been poor for a while now.

Pretty awful all round. No imagination and too many touches. Always looking for extra time and some didn’t look up for it? Again!

BB is a bombscare and Worrall going mental with him more than once. One shot on target in each half, not good enough. My first reaction is it was awful and we never looked like scoring. No excuses and questions again???

47 minutes ago, Frankie said:

McCrorie wasn't needed tonight.

Aberdeen pretty much conceded the midfield to us.

It was pace, imagination and a final ball we lacked.

Funny you should say that Frankie as Aberdeen played with 5 in midfield and were particularly effective in breaking up play and condensing the space in the first half. So not really conceding the midfield at all is it?

My opinion is that going with the two defensive type midfielders Jack, Kamara and one attacking midfielder in Scott Arfield at the head of the triangle is never going to return the type of play we require to break teams like Aberdeen down when they come to Ibrox as their game plan is to stack midfield and defence defend deep and hit on the counter. 

If SG is going to persist with the 4-3-3 in its many guises then he needs another quality attacking midfielder in there along with Arfield. Our two wide players were particularly poor tonight. Candeias final ball was astonishing for most of the game and Kent did as he has done most of the season, other than the odd game here and there, which is run across the field from left to right and vice versa and lose control of the ball eventually. All it takes for that to happen as a defender/ midfielder is a little nudge on him or get a little nick on the ball. Its not new stuff I'm saying here as you guys have heard me say it often when we're recording pods.

We're far too predictable with a single game plan that more often than not doesn't succeed against these types of teams because we simply dont have the quality. 

Edited by Big Jaws

38 minutes ago, Frankie said:

If Kent isn't on his game then we have nothing as Tav has been poor for a while now.

Kent simply doesn’t have the quality we need. I said it when the summer transfer window closed,  we were still well behind Celtic in the three attacking midfield positions and it’s shown over and over again this season. 

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Kent simply doesn’t have the quality we need. I said it when the summer transfer window closed,  we were still well behind Celtic in the three attacking midfield positions and it’s shown over and over again this season. 

Kent most definitely has the quality we need, the whole team takes the blame for tonights performance, aberdeen just wanted it more than us.

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I agree with you but we dont play with three attacking midfielders we play with one. Jack and Kamara are never going to be running through the lines finding space to receive the ball they are sitting mids. The only player we have that can do that is Arfield and its farting agaisnt thunder expecting him to do it, on his own, up against a packed defence/midfield.

Edited by Big Jaws

Just now, Big Jaws said:

I agree with you but we dont play with three attacking midfielders we play with one. Jack and Kamara are never going to be running through the lines finding space to receive the ball they are sitting mids. The only player we have that can do that is Arfield and its farting agaisnt thunder expecting him to do it in a packed defence/midfield.

I’m referring to Kent, Arfield and Candeias (4-2-3-1)