Very very poor performance from us and an especially weak performance from an a

ready poor ref , however when we get bullied at Ibrox , something is badly wrong .

I know it’s his first season but with the 

layers that will be leaving , I really think we need to rethink this 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 ,we simply don’t have the players to break down teams like Aberdeen .

On the 15th minute , they had 8 players across the back plus the boy that followed Candeias every where , I’ve rarely seen anything like it .

Plus how they finished with 11 men is a miracle .

It is these games that we need guys like Shinnie for. Guys who take the game by the scruff of the neck and won't get bullied about. But in saying that, what we praised before simply did not appear today, like pressing people high up the park, controling the game in midfield and at least have someone in there as the creative force. I would hazard a guess but 9 out of 10 games this season we rely on our CHs to play the killer pass up field instead of passing it through the opposition. The latter we try far too often in the "final third" though and are usually out-crowded. End result is predictable and has been for week if not months.

Obviously, it is easy enough to whip up formations that you think is best ... for we are not paid for the job and don't put our neck in line. But really, we have competitors like Kamara and Jack now, so why not go with 3 (Goldson, Katic/Worrall/Halliday/McAuley) at the back, have Kamara and Jack mopping up the midfield, Davis to provide inspiration and Kent/Middleton plus Candeias on the wings. Lafferty, Defoe and/or Morelos up top. Keep them in their half, dominate the midfield and thus keep them away from our area.

Poor Gers. Not only did it let my accumulator down tonight for 400 quid but thats 3 wins Aberdeen have had after not winning in around 28 years. The last thing we want is to have hoodoos over Aberdeen and Hibs.

I still cant work out why Katic isnt first pick. He must be thinking this also considering Worrall is a loan. That leaves a potential hole next season.

Let's face it the season hasn't turned out the way lots of us thought it would and watching the managers after match comments I have that feeling he is getting frustrated at Scottish football and might be thinking of going back down the road  .

I hope i am wrong :rfc:

McInnes has completely worked out Gerrard’s game plan. Sideways passing with no goal threat from midfield. No character or leadership in the team, continually fall apart after conceding a goal. Waiting for Conor Goldson to make a pass is like watching Cliff Thorburn lining up a shot at the snooker. Ironically what we are crying out for is a player like Steven Gerrard, an on pitch leader who never gives up & scores 20 goals a season from midfield..

The only plus side from last night is that Gerrard will now know he has a lot of work to do in terms of recruitment and motivation. 

We have been crap since we beat Separate Entity FC. 

Our results against the sheep (and Hibs) have been nothing short of a total embarrassment this season.

Edited by Gonzo79

It's painful to watch.  It's painful because there's nothing wrong with the formation, or even the players we have.  It's painful because we have clearly told the wide men to cross the ball at every opportunity, and as early as possible.  It's not working, and I don't even think even the quality of Ronaldo, Quaresma, or Mbappe would make a difference to that.

The runs are just not there to break down teams, and yet they were earlier in the season.  They were there against Celtic too, in fact we scored from cutting back rather than crossing.  We score most of our goals from cutting back rather than crossing.  We spend a fortune on stats tracking and analysis, so why don't we understand that????  I can tell just from watching the games that there are some simple things to fix so I'm fed up watching the same tactics over and over again.

I understand those that want better attacking options, and a more 'creative' midfielder, but what will he be asked to do differently?  Unless someone makes those inside forward runs, it will have no impact on our effectiveness in the final 30 yards.  The next time you are watching us play, watch when our wide men have the ball.  There is a gaping space on the right/left hand side of the 18 yard box, just crying out for a run to be made.  Surely a pro would spot that run and make it.  That's why I believe it's tactical instructions that cause them not to make those runs.  As I've said on many occasions, I know nothing compared to the management team, so what is it that they are trying to achieve that I can't understand?!?