Morelos appeal rejected

33 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

100% disagree with that, he was wrongly booked for diving and the club was correct to appeal it, of course it means something!

You picked me up wrong mate I was meaning the SFA would have been better dropping it to avoid distrust. Rangers were right to appeal it and it should have been dropped.

Definitely not a dive.  Not sure why he doesn't win an appeal.

I could understand if the referee judged it not to be a penalty, at the time, because of the angle.  I can't understand why it's not reversed in retrospect.

One problem, aside from the decision, is that Morelos is never persuasive when he goes to ground.  Perhaps something for him to work on.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Definitely not a dive.  Not sure why he doesn't win an appeal.

I could understand if the referee judged it not to be a penalty, at the time, because of the angle.  I can't understand why it's not reversed in retrospect.

One problem, aside from the decision, is that Morelos is never persuasive when he goes to ground.  Perhaps something for him to work on.

If he spent a week at the piggery he' d have it down to a fine art.

3 hours ago, pete said:

You picked me up wrong mate I was meaning the SFA would have been better dropping it to avoid distrust. Rangers were right to appeal it and it should have been dropped.

My apologies Pete, I did Indeed pick you up wrong ?

NACHO NOVO has accused the SFA of 'destroying the game' in an X-rated rant.

He wrote on Instagram: "Right how am I going to start here.

"If three guys on a panel say that was a dive then listen it's time to stop drinking. I said before all of you at the SFA need to stop that yous are killing the game.

"We ask for no favours but this is getting out of control.

"I'm a Rangers fan and I'm proud to be but f*** me wake up. You are destroying the game ???????"

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4003017/nacho-novo-sfa-destroying-the-game-rangers-x-rated-rant/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1552676191

CHRIS SUTTON hit out at Alex Rae as he branded Alfredo Morelos 'the boy who cried wolf'.

Rangers striker Morelos had his appeal against his yellow card for diving in the loss to Aberdeen rejected.

He replied to Rae: "Very difficult for referees when a player has a bit of a reputation for diving...the boy who cried wolf."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4003384/celtic-chris-sutton-rangers-alex-rae-alfredo-morelos/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1552683586

I was under the impression that yellow cards weren't appealable? Did they change that?

BTW, we saw that they did not have any evidence that Simunovic floored SHaw of Hibs with an elbow. He didn't even get a yellow card for that. The facts were as blatant as with this and otehr incidents. Remember Candeias yellow from Collum for essentially nothing of his doing. 

What happens there is inept and bordering on distortion of competition. The facts and videos don't lie.

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I was under the impression that yellow cards weren't appealable? Did they change that?

BTW, we saw that they did not have any evidence that Simunovic floored SHaw of Hibs with an elbow. He didn't even get a yellow card for that. The facts were as blatant as with this and otehr incidents. Remember Candeias yellow from Collum for essentially nothing of his doing. 

What happens there is inept and bordering on distortion of competition. The facts and videos don't lie.

You can appeal if it is for simulation