Broadfoot And Morelos Both Escape Any Punishment

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

"Kirk was furious when he came in at half-time and then we saw his foot and it was badly bruised from where he had been caught."

Kirk Broadfoot, a medical marvel, bruises faster than medically possible.....

7 minutes ago, lenny3k said:

Kirk Broadfoot, a medical marvel, bruises faster than medically possible.....

I would be amazed if he hadn't bruised his foot after kicking our players through the whole match!

The club really need to start playing the race card here. Would Morelos be getting singled out every week if he wasn’t a black man, or from South America? As soon as that card is played, these weekly charges would magically disappear in an instant. 

3 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Unless there's proof of racism, then suggesting that was relevant wouldn't help our case.

There's been plenty of xenophobic reporting of Morelos in the press when they emphasise his nationality.

As for the colour of his skin, do I believe he would be singled out in the same manner if he was white and Scottish? Absolutely not.

Look at the difference in treatment between Morelos and Scott Brown. There's certainly circumstantial evidence to suggest racism.

25 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

There's been plenty of xenophobic reporting of Morelos in the press when they emphasise his nationality.

As for the colour of his skin, do I believe he would be singled out in the same manner if he was white and Scottish? Absolutely not.

Look at the difference in treatment between Morelos and Scott Brown. There's certainly circumstantial evidence to suggest racism.

Circumstantial being the operative word I'm afraid.

Are there xenophobic journalists like Keith Jackson who make the most of unfair stereotypes?  Absolutely and that's very sad.

Are there clear racist undertones to the way opposition players, referees and the CO deal with the player?  I don't think so and the club wouldn't look good in claiming such without irrefutable evidence.

Generally the media play on Morelos because of the colour of his shirt, not his skin and I'd say the same goes for any biases elsewhere in the game.  To be clear, the treatment this young lad has to suffer in Scotland is embarrassing and the club could definitely say more about it.

ALFREDO MORELOS has been cleared to play in the Old Firm derby after escaping SFA action for his weekend flare-up with Kilmarnock's Kirk Broadfoot.

Broadfoot, too, has also been cleared by a review panel made up of three former top referees who looked closely at the incident with the controversial Rangers striker.

The duo were left sweating on being cited by compliance officer Clare Whyte.

Action against Morelos would've seen him miss the crunch game against Celtic at Parkhead.

Referee Greg Aitken was looking elsewhere at Ibrox on Saturday when the Colombian and the stopper confronted each other as they were leaving the field at half time.

TV pictures appeared to capture Broadfoot raking his studs down the back of Morelos' ankle before the Gers frontman responded by turning and laying his hands on the Killie man.

However, both are now free to play against Hamilton and the Hoops respectively on March 30-31.

Boss Steven Gerrard said post-match: “I haven’t seen it. I want Alfredo to keep playing as well as he can and to keep scoring goals.

“I want him to improve his disciplinary record so he can be available more. He knows that.

“But if other players, other teams, are constantly trying to wind him up and he’s getting zero protection then I can’t do anything about it.”

But Rugby Park gaffer Steve Clarke said: “There was an incident. I didn't see it because I'd already come in to prepare my half time talk.

”But I’ve seen it back on video and there was definitely something that happened.

"We’ll let the people who look at the video decide.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4014852/alfredo-morelos-kirk-broadfoot-sfa-ban/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1553008604