Zak Rudden Scores Hat-trick

1 hour ago, buster. said:

Well done to the lad.

He's young enough to have a chance of making it with us but he's still got the difficult part to come.

We're terrible at promoting young Scottish talent. Compare it to England where they have 2 18 year olds in their squad who have had to compete with multi-million pound imports at their clubs. Hope Houston and Rudden get a chance ahead of some of the names we're linked with.

7 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

We're terrible at promoting young Scottish talent. Compare it to England where they have 2 18 year olds in their squad who have had to compete with multi-million pound imports at their clubs. Hope Houston and Rudden get a chance ahead of some of the names we're linked with.

TBF there is a huge amount of pressure on managers at Ibrox and it really needs exceptional  ability and mental strength for a young man to break through and establish himself with Rangers.

You think back to Barry Ferguson and the era he came through in and you have to take your hat off to the guy.

I sometimes think we're going to end up having to go further backwards to eventually build a solid base to take us forward.

The emphasis and work going into the youth set-up is encouraging and reflects well on those in charge of strategy but as you say we need to see it develop into the first team and that is for later. 

8 hours ago, buster. said:

TBF there is a huge amount of pressure on managers at Ibrox and it really needs exceptional  ability and mental strength for a young man to break through and establish himself with Rangers.

You think back to Barry Ferguson and the era he came through in and you have to take your hat off to the guy.

I sometimes think we're going to end up having to go further backwards to eventually build a solid base to take us forward.

The emphasis and work going into the youth set-up is encouraging and reflects well on those in charge of strategy but as you say we need to see it develop into the first team and that is for later. 

Buster, disagree that there is more pressure at Ibrox than, say, Chelsea. Billy Gilmour might have made his debut for us by now.

18 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Buster, disagree that there is more pressure at Ibrox than, say, Chelsea. Billy Gilmour might have made his debut for us by now.

At this particular point in time, I'd say there is significantly more pressure on Rangers players than those at Chelsea when related to expectation/timescales.

Required ability levels are something else and obviously you have to be a much better player to get into the Chelsea first team than Rangers.

• 1 month later...

Good shot accross the keeper followed by Gerd Muller like finish !!

I'm guessing it'll be another loan for Zak next season. 

I wonder if he's considered good enough to be able to hold down a place at a top tier team as yet.

A loan isn't much use unless you are playing regularly, so given his age, he may go back to the Scottish Championship or even 3rd tier in England.

Zak played 2616 league minutes over 31 games, scored 12 goals and was booked 7 times.

He also scored 1 against Falkirk in the Challenge Cup for our U21s in August and four goals for Scotland U19s, including a hat-trick versus Cyprus.

At 19 years of age, he has a chance if he can keep improving his game, year on year.

I don't think Ryan Hardie has done or shown enough to have a realistic chance at Ibrox.

He's 22 and couldn't hold down his place at Livingston. He was ok, scored a few goals but IMO, that ain't good enough to merit a place in our first team squad.

I reckon if Zak want's to make it, he has to reach and surpass the level of RH by the time he is 20.

Hardie`s career with us has sadly been blighted by injury as well as managers who preferred veterans and/or systems not suited for a someone more adapted to a 2-striker line up.

Given that McPake and Mepude are also about, one wonders where Rudden will end up. I would assume that he will stay on board at least till the end of the transfer window, with Europe coming quick and fast again.