Cooper: Gone But Not Forgotten

9 hours ago, compo said:

A fantastic player one of the best .

My hero! Standing in section H of the old Rangers end as a 12 year old watching “that free kick” v sheep at Hampden was a privilege I will cherish forever.

Edited by cooponthewing

There were hundreds of examples of his skills, and @cooponthewingreferred to that awesome free kick against Aberdeen.  I was fortunate enough to see that, and many more of his performances live.  The big one that really stands out though was his simple slipped pass to the onrushing Durrant against Celtic.  His awareness of Durrant's run was excellent, and the pass was sublime.

Like many flair players, he had some awful performances, but when was on his game there was no one that could stop him.  Does anyone have any idea if he ever touched the ball with his right leg/foot?  I can't remember him doing so, but he was better with one good leg than most players are with two.

RIP Coop.