The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Only in terms of squad depth, which has been a concern this season. 

In terms of first-team quality, probably not too much.

The added benefit is it weakens the teams around us; I'm all for that. :D  

Kent's out of our reach, financially; I'm not too bothered if we get him or not, to be honest. 

I think we will get him for another year.

32 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I think we will get him for another year.

I think Liverpool indicated they don't want him to go on loan again; they want a permanent move.

They value him at £7M.

Even if we could afford that, I don't think he's worth it. 

1 hour ago, MrGaryValentine said:

the main aim for mark allen this pre-season should be getting rid of the deadwood who have made little to no impact this season and turn their wages into 2/3 quality players who will improve our starting xi. 

His surname is Allen, not Copperfield.

Quite a few of the 'deadwood' have contracts up until summer 2020. 

Hard to argue with Stewart on a free. Underwhelming maybe, we’d all prefer some 21 year old African hotshot with an un-pronounceable name who is the next Sadio Mane. But we could have done with him this season, a player with creativity that we have often lacked. 

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Hard to argue with Stewart on a free. Underwhelming maybe, we’d all prefer some 21 year old African hotshot with an un-pronounceable name who is the next Sadio Mane. But we could have done with him this season, a player with creativity that we have often lacked. 

And an ability to occupy the right spaces and chip in with a few goals. 

28 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think Liverpool indicated they don't want him to go on loan again; they want a permanent move.

They value him at £7M.

Even if we could afford that, I don't think he's worth it. 

You are believing hearsay - Gerrard has made it clear to Liverpool and the player he wants him again next season.

3 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

You are believing hearsay - Gerrard has made it clear to Liverpool and the player he wants him again next season.

Maybe.

I don't think SG wanting the player or not will make a difference. Financially, he's out of our reach, I think -- at least permanently. 

Just now, Rousseau said:

Maybe.

I don't think SG wanting the player or not will make a difference. 

Depends on what his relationship is like with the Liverpool hierarchy.

He may be able to convince them that he can turn him in to a £14m player.

Daniel Bachmann claims we've made contact too, not to be too negative but it really is starting to look like we're trying to build a rest of the league select ?

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Daniel Bachmann claims we've made contact too, not to be too negative but it really is starting to look like we're trying to build a rest of the league select ?

Everyone underestimates squad depth. I want to see a deep squad full of the best talent in the league. 

Of course, we need quality too. 

Bachmann has been a solid 'keeper. It might mean Wes is on his way.