The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Yeh absolutely, I presented it in a simplistic manner when you’ll always need to replace some players. But as a general principle I think we’d benefit more from one £4m player just now than two £2m players, and we can’t have it both ways. 

Like kamara was 50k and Pena was 2mill?

7 minutes ago, pete said:

I am pretty sure we are stuck with Davis for another 12 months. That was a part of the deal.

No it wasn’t.  Davis deal was 6 months and he’s out of contract at southampton at end of season.  It was Defoe’s deal that was 18 months.

4 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Greg Stewart over at Transfermarkt. What probably attracts SG and Allen is a) he`s Scottish, b) rather versatile and suited for the much-loved 4-3-3 and c) does it in the Scottish environment.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/greg-stewart/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/156775

As of now, next summer / season we`ll have Morelos, Lafferty, Defoe, Hardie and Stewart then. Both Defoe and Hardie are "true centre forwards", while the rest is more versatile.

Don't forget Zak Rudden too; also a 'true centre forward.'

1 hour ago, pete said:

Like kamara was 50k and Pena was 2mill?

You’re talking about exceptions. The general rule is that better quality players cost more. 

10 hours ago, buster. said:

All the rhetoric that I've heard towards it suggests that stopping 10IAR is objective Numero Uno on the list of requirements for SG&Co.

If that is indeed the case my view is that it proves they're fans just like us and not simply investors/number crunchers. That's probably a rarity in the modern game and would further suggest they're not going to jump ship and leave us in lurch.

4 hours ago, craig said:

No it wasn’t.  Davis deal was 6 months and he’s out of contract at southampton at end of season.  It was Defoe’s deal that was 18 months.

Might be that in public because he helped us out 

Davis will be here next year, Manager has already confirmed it 

39 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Hopefully fully up to speed after a good pre season.

SG badly needs a good transfer window and a team for next season that will quickly leave the also rans, sheep etc, trailing in our wake. He’s trying to build a reputation and he’s not there yet. Though his Euro run all the way from the first qualifier has to be seen as impressive.

12 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

The manager/recruitment made a mistake when they signed Davis with a view to solving our ongoing problem regards a lack of creativity.

If it's decided that he joins the plethora of holding midfield options, we'd probably have to give him a 2 year contract on relatively good money.

He might be worth it if he were to nail down a place in the team and show some quality but the jury is very much out on that and one decent game isn't enough for me. If he could do it in all 6 remaining games, I'd understand it better.

If the permanent deal was more or less agreed when he signed on loan, I hope it was provisional dependent on what happened from January to May.