The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Mistake I think not. If so, it was more down to not play him often enough, but instead keep the 4-3-3 no-matter-what with little change in personell. Same goes with Lafferty and Defoe, both of whom IMHO would have contributed far better (if at all) had we used them not when games were already done or danger of loss of points caused far too late substitutions ... where Davis and Lafferty had litte impact. Just MHO ... and not hindsight, as I pointed this out for months, ahead of games.

3 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Mistake I think not. If so, it was more down to not play him often enough, but instead keep the 4-3-3 no-matter-what with little change in personell. Same goes with Lafferty and Defoe, both of whom IMHO would have contributed far better (if at all) had we used them not when games were already done or danger of loss of points caused far too late substitutions ... where Davis and Lafferty had litte impact. Just MHO ... and not hindsight, as I pointed this out for months, ahead of games.

For me it was a bad mistake given context of the situation at the time (league positions).

We had a long documented problem wrt creativity.

If Davis was supposed to be the solution, bad mistake.

If he wasn't and the issue wasn't even addressed, bad mistake.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

Watching today's game re Hastie all I seen was a muscle bound young guy with little or no talent in the atmosphere,maybe a good thing that any interest has waned.

I'm not certain our interest in him has gone? no info just guessing.

TBF he is a young player with potential & I also thought Flannagan played well today

I didn’t see the entire game including none of the first half but Katic seemed to do ok. We need to get him in there playing regularly. His development is being hindered.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I didn’t see the entire game including none of the first half but Katic seemed to do ok. We need to get him in there playing regularly. His development is being hindered.

I was at the game & thought he did well. Excellent in the air which I always like to see in a CB

37 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I did say pre game I had bad vibes re left hand side of defence in Katic/Flanagan but both done okay today especially Katic

29 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Tim Klose Norwich CB Bosman 

Light speculation at the moment that we are keen - trying to firm it up 

Couple of other names also beginning to crop up but will add in when they become ‘firmer ‘ 

Hopefully not true. Klose is  31 next month.

We should be looking at younger players whom we can develop & sell on.