The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Be as well throwing in Danny Wellbeck as a unsubstantiated mental rumour also ?

There isn't much I would entirely rule out with this board determined to stop TIAR.

On 08/04/2019 at 11:32, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

We will be down two cbs next month possibly so it’s not out with the realms of possibility that a Bosman may be an option to help the squad 

Klose is decent in my humble opinion 

31 not that old, a few years left, often centre halves are in their prime early 30s.

13 hours ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

The way I see it, if you guys are happy ai’ll just chuck in all the summer stuff & we see what happens? 

Aye, crack on Stevie - it will be pleasant light reading in a quiet summer for football

Have added the latest names in the OP. All of them are freebies and for half a second just imagine Defoe being partnered up front with Wellbeck next season. While we may all say we can`t afford his wages, it may depend on what the players is willing to take ... not least when Defoe as well as Wellbeck have already accummulated millions by now ... but not much silverware and fame.

36 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Have added the latest names in the OP. All of them are freebies and for half a second just imagine Defoe being partnered up front with Wellbeck next season. While we may all say we can`t afford his wages, it may depend on what the players is willing to take ... not least when Defoe as well as Wellbeck have already accummulated millions by now ... but not much silverware and fame.

We never learn our lessons, do we !!

32 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

So far we've only signed Jordan Jones ... ?

I didn't only mean the club but was referring to the fans reaction to speculation.

IMO it's too often about players who have played to a very good level in the past but who are very unlikely to get anywhere near that level again.

In the past we could get players who were doing well at a very high level (or very recently had been) but finances (especially England) essentially mean that most of those kinds of players that we can realistically attract have been on the downward slope for a while (eg. Kranjcar). 

What happens too much is a lot of noise is made on arrival, a relatively high wage, struggle to adapt to Scottish fitbaw, injury, expensive deadwood, pay-off.