The Spring & Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

It’s very interesting. His agent sounds like a bad egg. But given Hastie is a boyhood Celtic fan some people were being a bit unrealistic expecting him to jump at it, he was always going to see what was on offer down south. In any case it’s a great thing that the club is looking to snap up the best young talent regardless of their affiliations. They have certainly benefited from doing the same. I for one hope it’s true and goes through. 

10 minutes ago, Stevie - 4lads Blog said:

Have spoke to enough to seem convinced on Hastie, Stewart is a 3 year deal he apparently signed yesterday!

Huge transfer stories on the first ever 4lads pod tonight 

40221366-blue-klaxon-klaxon-vector-horn-

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

It’s very interesting. His agent sounds like a bad egg. But given Hastie is a boyhood Celtic fan some people were being a bit unrealistic expecting him to jump at it, he was always going to see what was on offer down south. In any case it’s a great thing that the club is looking to snap up the best young talent regardless of their affiliations. They have certainly benefited from doing the same. I for one hope it’s true and goes through. 

I was lead to believe that he is actually a Motherwell fan, according to a few fellows over on FF, but his agent is a diehard Yahoo, who actually has a picture of his daughter and Rodgers as his social media avatar,

Chris Jack is reporting the same a Stevie now.

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

I was lead to believe that he is actually a Motherwell fan, according to a few fellows over on FF, but his agent is a diehard Yahoo, who actually has a picture of his daughter and Rodgers as his social media avatar,

Chris Jack is reporting the same a Stevie now.

johnnyk from Gersnet (I think it is johnny anyway) previously stated that he is/was neighbors with Hastie and his parents and said that the family are diehard Tims but not the type who are the lunatic fringe but more stable (didn’t know there were any of those...).

He also said, I think, that Celtic tried to get Hastie on the cheap and thought the family would jump at the chance just because they’re Celtic fans.  The family decided on Motherwell as he had a better chance of breaking through.

10 minutes ago, craig said:

johnnyk from Gersnet (I think it is johnny anyway) previously stated that he is/was neighbors with Hastie and his parents and said that the family are diehard Tims but not the type who are the lunatic fringe but more stable (didn’t know there were any of those...).

He also said, I think, that Celtic tried to get Hastie on the cheap and thought the family would jump at the chance just because they’re Celtic fans.  The family decided on Motherwell as he had a better chance of breaking through.

Yes I was taking it from @johnnyk

9 minutes ago, craig said:

Craig is right, Jake's dad and his family are Tims but he only used to go to certain games, like big name CL games and cup finals and sometimes took his son.

I rarely seen Jake with a hoops top on when he was young and was always playing or training from a very young age, they pushed him hard but it paid off.

His mum's side are Rangers fans but she wasn't really interested in football apart from Jake playing and her family never visited much, don't think they were close.

His dad told me both Rangers and Celtic tried to sign him but like Craig said Celtic didn't go through the official route but thought they would get him cheap. Rangers done things the right official way but they turned both down as he wanted to stay more local and have more of a chance breaking into the first team.

His dad always said he would have no problem with his son playing for Rangers if the money was right.

A really nice family,. I've not bumped into them for a while but if Jake signs I will be going to see him and wind him up a bit ?

He looks a good prospect but still has a long way to go, I just hope he gets game time if he signs!

The prospective Shinnie to Derby pre-contract has stalled due to the club operating under a “soft transfer embargo” while the English Football League (EFL) look into the club’s financial dealings .

Just Saying :whistle:

One curious aspect to Derbys interest is that you'd think Frank Lampard would know a midfielder when he sees one and you'd imagine he has given the okay for this deal.

23 hours ago, buster. said:

One curious aspect to Derbys interest is that you'd think Frank Lampard would know a midfielder when he sees one and you'd imagine he has given the okay for this deal.

You'd think so but football is more complicated than that, being a former player doesn't make you a better judge of a player on the evidence imo. Even Gerrard sanctioned Sadiq when even I could tell from a 5 minute youtube video that he was a very strange signing.

29 minutes ago, DMAA said:

You'd think so but football is more complicated than that, being a former player doesn't make you a better judge of a player on the evidence imo. Even Gerrard sanctioned Sadiq when even I could tell from a 5 minute youtube video that he was a very strange signing.

Just say we have or did have an interest in Shinnie, you'd have arguably the two best midfielders to come out of the UK in the past three decades (Gerrard & Lampard) after him :eek2: